Farmers World Limited
As part of its expansion drive, Farmers World Limited wishes to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the following existing vacancies, which are tenable at its Farmers World Head Office, Kanengo, Lilongwe.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Responsible to produce a complete trial balance, reconciled with sub accounts and supporting documentation. Furthermore, the Senior Accountant shall be responsible for reconciling and clearing suspense and control accounts and analysing expense accounts. The Financial Accountant shall ensure a high-level coordination and timely completion of both internal and external audits.
- Reviews department’s monthly aged report and ensures all invoicing has been done
- Reviews monthly outstanding receivables and follows up on collections on amounts due.
- Ensures that the accounting departments are adequately staffed with suitably qualified personnel where applicable and that detailed job descriptions are in place for all staff.
- Ensures all suspense and control accounts are reconciled and balanced
- Assists Management Accountant with management reports – ensuring that all subsections (AR, Intercompany) are completed and reconciled in time
- Analyses expense accounts to ensure all expenses are accounted for and valid
- Reviews inventory reports and ensures detailed inventory ledger is reconciled with the trial balance.
- Identifies accounts on the trial balance requiring review and reconciliation.
Experience, Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- Degree in Accounting and professional ACCA qualification and registered with ICAM or the Institute of Internal Auditors
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Method Of Application
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, deliver your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of three traceable referees one of whom should be your current or former employer to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Farmers World Ltd,
P. O. Box 1631,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach him not later than Wednesday 11 January 2023.
Farmers World Limited is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.