Seed Global Health
About Seed Global Health
Seed Global Health (Seed) envisions a world in which every country is strengthened by a robust health workforce that can meet the health needs of its population. We partner to train nurses, midwives, and physicians, building health teams that can provide high-quality care and save lives.
We do this by strengthening clinical care delivery, improving health workforce education, and supporting policies that enable health professionals to succeed. To ensure that these changes are durable, we form deep local partnerships that inform our work at both the individual and systems levels.
In Malawi, Seed Global Health was established in 2012 and has established long-term
partnerships with local institutions in the areas of Maternal, Neonatal & Child Health (MNCH); Mental Health (MH) and Community Health (CH). Currently, Seed is in partnership with five departments at the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS), the Saint John of God College of Health Sciences and the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi (NMCM).
Seed Global Health is seeking a part-time MEL Associate to support Measurement, Evaluation and Learning with its seven partnerships in Malawi. This is a contractual role at 50% FTE role which will run for six months. The MEL Associate will be responsible for supporting data collection, data management and other MEL related functions in the Seed Malawi partnerships in Malawi Country Office. He/She will be responsible for providing support to partners in their day-to-day work, ensuring the MEL systems are functional. He/She will develop and/or adapt MEL tools and train partner staff on key data management and other MEL concepts and skills to ensure that data management and other MEL processes for the Seed Malawi partnerships are consistently and systematically integrated.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable experience in development of data collection tools, data collection, analysis and management including creation of data
The MEL Associate will work with the Program & MEL Manager, partnership teams, and the Global MEL team, as necessary. The main duties, responsibilities, required qualifications and other related details for the position are as presented below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Partnership Engagement and Support
○ Collaborate with Seed’s MEL Manager to help manage and implement the Monitoring
Plans for Seed Malawi’s (7) partnerships.
○ Support activities to strengthen the partners’ MEL capacity, such as trainings and
direct technical assistance on MEL tools development and methodologies for data
collection and analysis
○ Provide guidance and support to partnership teams in identification of opportunities
for case studies or other qualitative data methods.
○ Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other stakeholders,
including national, regional, district and facility-based partners who will support MEL
activities under the respective partnerships
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, economics, statistics or public
● At least 2 years of relevant experience in MEL or research related fields.
● Strong data management and analysis skills, with experience using statistical software and
other tools and techniques.
● Experience in designing and implementing surveys and managing data collection and
● Strong writing skills, with the ability to produce clear and concise case studies, project
reports and presentations.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a
wide range of stakeholders.
● Experience working on non-profit programs preferred.
● Fluency in English and one other local language required