Lilongwe Handling Company Limited (LIHACO)
Lilongwe Handling Company Limited (LIHACO) is a wholly Malawi Government owned commercial entity established in 2000. The core business of the company is to provide Airport Ground Handling and Travel Services to airlines and the travelling public at Chileka and Kamuzu International Airports.
The Company is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions at its Head office at Kamuzu International Airport and Chileka International Airport.
Post : Security Assistant
Responsible to : Security Supervisor
Purpose of the Job
To ensure safety and security of passengers, baggage, cargo, mail and company property
- Monitoring check in activities and passenger manoeuvring around check in area
- Identifying, recording and handing over unattended items to baggage section or customer airlines.
- Searching of LIHACO employees before and after entering the aircraft.
- Prohibiting unauthorized persons from entering the aircraft.
- Investigating and reporting security incidents.
- Checking security risks and alerting management and airport security.
- Escorting passengers to collect forgotten items in the aircraft when authorized by customer airline
- Identifying and reporting hazards, incidents and accidents
- Keeping custody of the keys for baggage warehouse.
Minimum MSCE and Professional Qualification in Security services
Minimum two (2) years relevant experience.
Method of application
Applications which meet the above requirements should be submitted with a detailed up to date Curriculum Vitae (CVs) specifying qualifications, experience, certified copies of certificates, contact details and three traceable referees not later than 2nd September, 2022 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lilongwe Handling Company
P.O. Box 89
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org