Kamuzu Academy was founded in 1981 by Dr Hastings Kamuzu Banda, the first President of Malawi. His principles of Excellence, Integrity, Responsibility, Resilience, Community and above all Leadership, still underpin all aspects of school life at Kamuzu Academy today.
We occupy a large, purpose-built campus about 2 hours north of the Capital City Lilongwe, with outstanding academic, recreational and sporting facilities. The Academy values its environment and facilities and strives to ensure that they are maintained to standards of the highest level.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified & experienced persons to fill the position of Secretary to Deputy Headmaster (Pastoral department). This is a crucial position requiring a meticulous person with adequate experience in handling administrative tasks in a busy office.
The position requires a highly organized person with a keen eye for detail who can efficiently manage multiple tasks without losing track.
– Act as the first point of contact for the Deputy Headmasters’ office
– Manage the Deputy headmaster’s diary
– Maintain an effective filling and data storage system for students’ records
– Taking accurate and comprehensive notes at departmental meetings
– Draft correspondences such as emails and letters.
– Coordinate events for the Pastoral department
– Any other duties as assigned
– Must have a Diploma or an Advanced Diploma in Secretarial studies or Business Management/Administration from
a recognized and reputable institution
– Must be able to communicate effectively in both English and local languages (both oral and written).
– Must have adequate skills in editing, proof reading and use of all Microsoft office applications.
– Demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving.
– Must have strong time management and organization skills.
– Must demonstrate ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment.
Those with considerable years of working experience in a similar position will have an added advantage
The online Application Form is available through this link:
Method Of Application
Interested candidates must fill up the form completely providing clear information.
Please ensure that you upload your application letter, CV and scanned copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th February2024
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.