Non-Academic Staff Vacancy: Secretary
NON-ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCY
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of secretary tenable at Bunda College.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and managing correspondences and calls on behalf of the Head of Department, including prioritizing and responding to inquiries by letter, telephone and email and, directing them as appropriate.
- Preparing correspondence on behalf of the Head of Department, including drafting responses for generic requests and submit to the responsible officer for review and signing.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including preparing meeting and training rooms and making logistical arrangements for both faculty and non-faculty members’ engagements outside office.
- Assisting visitors with a positive and helpful attitude.
- Managing office supplies and ensure that they are available all the time.
- Ensuring that offices are kept in tidy condition and schedule appointments for Heads of Departments
- Supervising the messenger on the collection and delivery of mail and use of office equipment such as photocopier, printers, computers, etc.
- Creating and maintaining an efficient filing system.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Applicants should have a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Management, Business Administration or any relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- The applicants should have not less than 3 year’s hands on work experience in a busy office preferably in Higher Education entity.
- Ability to draft correspondence and maintain confidentiality.
- Conversant with Microsoft Packages.
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
Method of Application
Hard copy application package should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV). names and contact details of three traceable referees one of which should be current employer where applicable plus copies of academic and professional qualifications. The title of the position must be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
The University Registrar
Lilongwe University of Agriculture & Natural Resources (LUANAR)
P.O. Box 219 LILONGWE
All applications should reach the UNIVERSITY not later than Friday, 3rd February 2023. LUANAR is an equal opportunity employer hence females are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted applicants will be communicated.