Anglican Diocese of Southern Malawi
TRINITY ANGLICAN SECONDARY SCHOOL ACCOUNTANT
Summary of the job description:
Ensuring that the financial reporting system is in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS’s) and aiding Trinity Anglican Secondary School in achieving its strategic financial objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of draft financial statements in accordance to relevant IFRS’s for external audit file.
- Production of monthly management accounts with supporting schedules.
- Analysing information and using it to make management decisions.
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets and reporting to management on actual performance and reasons for variances.
- Monitoring daily cash flow of the school and financial forecast
- Explaining the financial consequences of school decisions by applying accounting techniques to plan and budget to School Management and the Board of Education and Finance.
- Monitoring spending and financial contribution, identifying and managing risk for the school and all related school activities.
- Ensuring that each department submits reports in time at Finance Department for preparation of management accounts.
- Ensuring that taxation obligations are met in conformity with the law and regulation;; and paying taxes as and when they fall due.
- Checking reconciliations of major accounts balances before closure of Monthly management accounts.
- Supervising and mentoring accounts staff
- Assisting compilation of board papers during Board Meetings and, DSC meetings
- Managing internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy from a fully recognized university or studying towards completion of becoming a Chartered Accountant
- Must be a paid-up member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAIV) and in good standing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience working in a busy accounting office preferably in the commercial sector.
- Hands on experience in using Quick Books
- Excellent team work and supervisory skills
- Willing to work old hours in cases of pressure of work
- Good know edge of setting up systems and procedures in a Religious set up institutions
- Experience in external or internal audit would be an added advantage
- Enthusiasm of working with people of different professional background
Mode of Application
Applications including detailed CVs, photocopies of relevant certificates and names and contacts of at least three most recent traceable referees should be sent to-
The Diocesan Secretary,
Anglican Diocese of Southern Malawi,
P.O. Box 30220,
Chichiri, Blantyre 3
E- mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING ALL APLLICATIONS IS 27 NOVEMBER 2022