Golden Gate Memorial School
Golden Gate Memorial School is an equal opportunity employer providing early childhood and primary education. Located at Biwi, in the capital city, Lilongwe, the school has been in operational existence for at least twenty years. The school is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions that has arisen at the school:
Position: School Bus Driver (1)
Reporting to: Human Resources and Administration Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the organization`s vehicle, transport learners to various locations.
- Carry out daily vehicle check, completing all needed documents and report defects
- Check all work is completed when the vehicle is serviced or inspected, all parts requested to be changed are changed, and no other items are tampered with.
- Ensure that the vehicle has all the required tools such as the spare wheel, wheel spanner, fire extinguisher, a towing rope, jump cables and a first aid kit.
- Ensure that speed limits, correct parking times at safe locations and all policies and procedures for Plan International Malawi are observed and this includes the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that the vehicle is cleaned and kept tidy all the times.
- Ensure that the vehicle is fuelled at the right time, at filling stations and fuel receipts are properly kept and liquidations done on time.
- Ensure that the vehicle has a log book and is properly completed.
- Ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy (tax/insurance), and is safe to drive (maintained on time.
- Report any accidents or damage to the Police and the Administration & Logistics Officer immediately they happen.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- A holder of the Malawi School Certificate of Educate (MSCE)
- A holder of a valid Driving License.
- Those with a Defensive Driving Certificate have an added advantage.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Having a good relationship with children and parents.
- Good knowledge of Malawi`s road network
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a diverse ad inclusive team
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Minimum age of 40 years upwards
Method of application
Those who fulfil the requirements should submit their written applications, curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three traceable referees and copies of certificates to the following address:
Golden Gate Memorial School
P O Box 1006
The closing date of receiving applications is Friday 20Th January, 2023, 16.00 hours. Any application received later than this date shall not be processed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com