Southern Region Water Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at various establishments of Southern Region Water Board.
Candidates should have Advanced Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Plumbing from a recognised institution; plus at least 3 years’ experience in water resource management.
Reporting to the Zone Manager, the Scheme Superintendent, coordinate and supervise the implementation and delivery of sub-scheme based programs, activities and services to ensure continued supply of potable water in all water supply areas within the scheme. S/he will be responsible for:
- Taking charge of scheme water production and water supply programs, billing, revenue collection and the running of Board activities including implementation of the budget at scheme level;
- Planning, organizing, directing and guiding scheme operations to ensure the achievement of intended Board objectives and targets;
- Coordinating the management of water production, distribution of potable water and the collection of revenue in the schemes;
- Liaising with the Commercial Services Division in monitoring revenue collection exercises in the scheme;
- Following up on long disconnected accounts;
- Carrying out periodic survey within the scheme/water supply area to determine real customer base, and in the process act on faulty meters, illegal connections and any infringement contrary to the Board’s Bye-
- Monitoring movement of materials for use in the scheme;
- Implementing scheme infrastructure development programs;
- Evaluating records of leakages and faults within the scheme, and planning and implementing programs of activities for the reduction of Non-Revenue Water (NRW) or Unaccounted for Water (UFW);
- Submitting relevant periodic reports to the Scheme Superintendent on the performance and operations of
the scheme covering among other areas: Non Revenue Water collection; efficiency; rate of pipe bursts; New Connections;
- Attending various meetings with stakeholders to represent interests of the Board as required from time to time; and
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
The successful candidate shall have the ability to: collect debt; reduce NRW, communicate effectively; assign and supervise work of subordinates; maintain detailed and accurate records; prepare clear and concise reports; work as a team; and demonstrate approachability and empathy with research and an eye for details skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Southern Region Water Board offers an attractive package; a contributory pension scheme; and a contributory medical scheme among other benefits.
Method Of Application
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae, contact phones and addresses of three traceable referees must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Southern Region Water Board
Private Bag 72
OR submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is on 5th May, 2023
Please indicate on top of the envelope, the position you are applying for.