Central Region Water Board
Central Region Water Board is a statutory corporation legally mandated by the Waterworks Act No. 17 of 1995 to provide water and sanitation services in all towns and market centres in the central region except Lilongwe City.
Vacancy has arisen which the Board would like to fill immediately. Job and person specifications for the position are as follows:
SCHEME MANAGER – CRWB 5 (3 Positions)
General Job Summary
Reporting to the Zone Manager, the core roles and responsibility will be coordinating and supervise the implementation and delivery of scheme-based programs, activities and services to ensure continued supply of potable water in all Water Supply Areas within the Scheme.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Takes charge of scheme water production and water supply programs, billing, revenue collection and the running of Board activities including implementation of the budget at scheme level.
- Plans, organizes, directs and guides scheme operations to ensure the achievement of intended Board objectives and targets.
- Coordinates the Management of water production, distribution of portable water and the collection of revenue in schemes within the scheme.
- Liaises with the Revenue Section in monitoring revenue collection exercises in the scheme.
- Follow up on long disconnected accounts.
- Carries out periodic survey within the Scheme/Water Supply Area to determine real customer base, and in the process act on faulty meters, illegal connections and any infringement contrary to the Board’s Bye-Laws.
- Monitors movement of materials for use in the scheme whose procurement shall be coordinated with relevant management, procurement and stores unit in accordance with the Procurement Act requirement and stores standards of the Board.
- Implements scheme infrastructure development programs.
- Provides feedback, training and other team development exercises to scheme staff.
- Evaluates records of leakages and faults within the scheme, and plans and implements programs of activities for the reduction of Non Revenue Water (NRW) OR Unaccounted for Water (UFW).
- Submits relevant periodic reports to the zone manager on the performance and operations of the scheme covering among other areas: Non Revenue Water collection; efficiency; rate of pipe bursts; New Water Connections; Administration etc.
- Attends various meetings with stakeholders to represent interests of the Board as required from time to time
- Attends to complaints and queries related to matters of the scheme.
- Any other duties relevant to the post.
- Must possess a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Management and Development.
- 3 years’ experience in water supply services operations at supervisory level.
Method Of Application
If you feel you fully qualify for the position, as per above specifications, please submit your curriculum vitae containing details of three (3) traceable referees and a covering application letter in sealed envelope clearly marked the position you are applying for
The submissions of the vacancy applied for, should be made not later than 10th November, 2023 to the:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Region Water Board
Private Bag 59