Lilongwe Water Board
Request For Expressions Of Interest
The Lilongwe Water Board (LWB) through the Government of the Republic of Malawi has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lilongwe Water and Sanitation Project (LWSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The objective of the LWSP is to increase access to improved water services and safely managed sanitation services in Lilongwe City. Under Component 2 of the project – Priority sanitation improvements, LWSP will support consultancy services for sanitation marketing and hygiene promotion in Lilongwe City.The overall objective of this assignment is to provide support to LWB and LCC under LWSP in the implementation of Sanitation Marketing for the LWSP.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Review the existing sanitation marketing strategy, implementation plan and associated products, tools and materials that will support LWB &amp; LCC in rolling out a new service line aimed at improving coverage of safely contained and emptiable sanitation facilities and uptake of safe disposal services in urban and peri-urban areas of Lilongwe City.
- Review the existing communications plan. This shall cover two distinct, but complementary aspects: (i) branding, corporate communications and advocacy to increase awareness of the LWSP and other joint LWB-LCC efforts to improve water supply and sanitation conditions in the city; (ii) marketing communication to influence behaviour change in regards to sanitation and increase uptake of sanitation products and services.
- Providing technical and management support to LWB & LCC and the supervising consultants in implementing the sanitation marketing strategy and plans.
- Conduct a mapping exercise of all partners implementing similar project interventions and create a platform of collaboration to leverage capacities and investments and avoid duplication.
- Take lead in showcasing overall LWSP project impact through effective media channels.
The Lilongwe Water Board now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least a Master’s Degree in Public Relations/ Mass Communication/ Social Science/Marketing with a proven track record of carrying out similar kind of work.
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience in conducting social marketing, product market analysis, market development, and sanitation baseline studies.
- Proven and successful experience in the design and implementation of behavior change programs, preferably with at least five (5) years experience in the area of urban sanitation promotion.
- Significant experience in the area of capacity building, including with the design of capacity building materials and modules for training.
- Familiarity with the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector (including experience with community-based sanitation and hygiene).
- Experience in media management and strong social media channel management experience.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa both oral and written.
- The Sanitation Marketing Specialist shall be engaged on a one-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds and shall be a full-time member of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
Detailed Terms of Reference (TORs) are available on the LWB website https://www.lwb.mw/tenders. The TORs can also be sent to interested consultants by e-mail upon request from the e-mail address indicated below.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (“Procurement Regulations”), November 2020 Edition, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (INDV) selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 08:00 to 16:30 hours.
Method of Application
Expressions of interest clearly marked: Expression of Interest Sanitation Marketing Specialist including detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 28th October 2022.
The Chief Executive Officer
Attn: Chairman & Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee
Lilongwe Water Board
Madzi House, Off Likuni Road
P.O Box 96
Tel:+265 1 714200
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com