R4H formerly known as Riders for Health (RFH) is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation working to assist the Ministry of Health and Population in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national Sample Transport mechanism. R4H’s vision: *ensuring healthcare reaches everyone everywhere”
To accomplish its mission, R4H wishes to recruit a suitably qualified, experiences and dedicated individuals to fill the position of Sample Transport Couriers (2) for Chikwawa (1) and Lilongwe (1). The qualified persons must be able work effectively with a diverse group of people.
The purpose of the Position
The Sample Transport Courier is responsible for collecting samples from health facilities and delivering them to laboratories for testing as well as collecting the test results from laboratories and delivering them to respective health facilities using motorcycle. Ho/she will be responsible for data entry of samples and results transported in R4H data capturing platform. He/she works in hand in hand part with health facilities and laboratory staff to ensure that both samples and test results are returned back in a timely manner.
- Collecting samples from health facilities and delivering them to various laboratories for testing using motorcycle.
- In liaison with the laboratory and health facilities staff ensures that test results are returned back to the health facilities in a timely manner.
- Data entry of samples and results transported into the Comcare.
- Recording trip information in the logbook including mileages and fuel.
- Provide program data and information to head couriers and Sample transport coordinators when needed.
- Management of motorcycle and Tablet.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least five MSCE ordinary level passes including Mathematics and English.
- Those with a certificate or a diploma in public health, social sciences and related qualifications will have added advantage.
- Practical experience in using mobile data collection packages.
- Defensive Driving Certification.
- A clean class A driver’s license (Motorcycle).
- Basic First Aid practitioner qualification is highly desirable.
For the position of ST Courier, applicants residing in the advertised districts will have an added advantage
Method of Application
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae and Academic Certificates as one document including names and contacts details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employee, or any previous employer from the recent past) to the following email address;
“R4H is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. R4H is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable people and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org