Application deadline: 19 February 2024
Objective of the Role:
Wala Limited is looking for Sales Officers to join its team.
The primary role of this position is to support the company’s sales and marketing efforts. The incumbent will support the development and implementation of a sales and marketing plan for Wala Ltd that is efficient, effective (both cost and time wise) and impactful. You will ensure that all Wala Ltd sales targets are achieved within specified budgets and timelines. The successful candidate will ensure the continuous sale and distribution of the company’s products and services.
As a Wala Sales Officer, you should expect to deal with farming and farmer related challenges on a daily basis, necessitating the ability to think fast and come up with practical methods of dealing with these challenges as and when they arise.
Above the technical competences, we are looking for a driven, long-term sighted individual who has an authentic interest in contributing to Malawi’s socio-economic development and is willing to grow within a multicultural, dynamic and innovative place of work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual sales and marketing plans.
- Implement daily sales and marketing related activities
- Development business activities by researching, developing and Implementing marketing opportunities and sales plans.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends; determine system improvements; implement change.
- Meet marketing and sales financial objectives, including determining annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for areas, districts and regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analysing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Improve product marketability and profitability.
- Sustain rapport with customers by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provide information to senior management by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Any other relevant duties as determined from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Desired Attributes:
The Sales Officers will have a strong grasp and understanding of Sales and Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People and Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships & Creative Services.
Specifically, the Sales Officers should:
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or a related field
- Have previous experience working in a sales role
- Be self-motivated to achieve targets, performance driven with initiative to assess complex situations and make decisions quickly and effectively and deliver excellent customer service
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude; a good and effective team player, but also able to deliver excellent results with minimum supervision
- Be customer focused & able to deal with customers in a positive and constructive way; personable and approachable; respectful for all with a commitment to equality and diversity
- Be discreet when dealing with confidential information, professional and honest
- Be able to take ownership and empower others accordingly
- Constantly update own job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks & participating in professional organizations.
- Be highly numerate/good with numbers as well as computer literate
- Have excellent administration skills, excellent time management skills, and able to work well, stay calm and deliver under pressure
- Be a strong and confident communicator in both English and Chichewa. An ability to communicate in any other local Malawian language will be an added advantage
- Have excellent writing skills in both English and Chichewa
- Experience in designing and introducing appropriate technology in agriculture and at the community level, an asset
- Experience in designing and delivering sales and support services to poorly resourced farmers, an asset
Method Of Application
If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding transition and see yourself as a fit for this role, reach out to us by submitting your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com.
Clearly state the position to which you are applying in the subject of your email application.
Deadline for submissions is 19 February 2024 at 23:59HRS CAT. Late submissions will not be considered.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.