ARISE is a pan-African infrastructure and logistics solutions company developing ecosystems designed to make Africa thrive. We identify opportunities in commercial and industrial value chains across Africa, and conceive, finance, build and operate the necessary infrastructure to allow businesses to develop and fulfil their potential. We do this alongside local partners and host governments to ensure that our operations have the greatest impact on the ground. ARISE today comprises three separate companies, namely ARISE Ports & Logistics (P&L), ARISE Integrated Industrial Platforms (IIP), and ARISE Infrastructure Services (IS).
Location: Malawi (Africa)
Overview of the position
The Sales Manager would be responsible for managing large businesses in both B2B /B2C formats, keeping a tab on S&D of the region and other market information. It is a well-rounded role that gives the experience of managing a large business.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales & Business Development
- Developing and implementing sales strategies for the increase of market share and profitability on a sustainable basis in line with the Annual Business Plan (ABP).
- Delivered growth & achieved target on all key P&L metrics – volume, revenue, market share.
- Deliver a target a volume of various commodities with PBT pre-defined target.
- Manage key customer relationships to maximize business and share.
Key Account Management
- B2B Sales & Business Development, Product Development, Key Account Handling.
- Achieve sales in Wholesale Channel & other emerging channels.
- Lead and manage the demand of inventory through forecasted demand to cover market requirements.
Operations & Business Management
- Ensure high motivational levels in the team and get the team aligned with the overall strategy that we follow in-country.
- Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets.
- Counterparty & Credit Risk Management.
If you have proven experience in managing for Sales or Distribution roles in emerging/ Upcountry markets, the role entails absolute responsibility for both Country / Product levels. Exposure to Micro & Macroeconomic factors of the business environment would therefore require a strong conceptual and analytical bend of mind to operate in the international business environment.
- Should have 10+years of experience in commodity sales Intra-Africa.
- Good negotiating skills and interpersonal skills
- Be resilient and be able to overcome challenges whilst remaining calm and collected.
- Have an ownership mindset.
- Handling regional sales of commodities in countries like Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique.