An opportunity has arisen for PressCane Limited to appoint a Sales and Marketing Manager. The position is tenable in Chikwawa and the successful Candidate is expected to report for duty by 1st December 2022.
PressCane Limited, a subsidiary of Press Corporation Plc, is situated in Chikwawa District. The Company mainly produces Anhydrous Alcohol (AA) which is used for blending with petrol and is thus, a key player in the Malawi energy sector. In addition to fuel Ethanol, the Company produces Hydrous Alcohol (HA) used as a solvent in the print and paint industries, and for production of Hand sanitisers, and Methylated Spirits. The Company also produces and markets Fly Ash hollow blocks.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for developments of the Company’s brands through deployment of winning marketing strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Sales and Marketing Manager shall include, but not limited to:
- Gathering, investigating, and analysing ethanol market trends to inform strategy development.
- Promoting the company’s existing brands and introducing new products to local and regional markets;
- Maintaining strong customer relationships by making regular visits, understanding their needs, and anticipating new marketing opportunities;
- Preparing and managing annual Sales and Marketing budgets;
- Mentoring and coaching sales and marketing staff to maximise labour productivity;
Desired Qualities and Competencies
Interested applicants should be strong in social, leadership, and communication skills. They should also possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing in addition to:
- Team Leadership: Strong leadership skills to keep the sales and marketing team actively engaged and motivated to deliver productivity;
- Market Research: Demonstrable working knowledge and experience in marketing analysis and planning;
- Business Acumen: Passionate about optimising market segmentation, and knowledge of business continuity strategies; and
- Communication and Negotiation: Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels, to attract and retain loyal customers.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal Candidate shall have:
- A relevant first degree preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or other related disciplines.
- At least 5 years experience in a selling and marketing of manufactured products at a management level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global and regional ethanol markets would be an added advantage;
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should send applications and CVs to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org