NICO Life Insurance Company Limited
NICO Life Insurance Company Limited (NICO Life), a leading provider of innovative life insurance solutions, is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is an integral part of our Business, History, Culture, and Identity. Inclusion is the way we treat and perceive all differences, and all forms of diversity are seen as real value for the Company.
NICO Life seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Risk Manager. The position is tenable at the head office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
1. Risk Strategic Planning – Involves but not limited to:
a) Interfacing and aligning the Strategic Planning for Risk with the Strategic Plan for the Company.
b) Strategic plan implementation.
c) Monitoring and review of the strategy.
2. Risk Management and Coordination – Amongst other tasks, this involves:
a) Identifying and assessing potential and key risks focusing on impact and likelihood, recommending action to relevant authorities including progress monitoring, and presenting risk reports on identified risk issues and progress on managing the risks.
b) Business Continuity Management through the development and updating of the Business Continuity Management Policy, and implementation monitoring of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
3. Enterprise Wide Risk Management – Amongst other tasks this involves identifying and evaluating risks and developing risk mitigation, updating and monitoring the risk management framework including reviews of the relevant Policies and Procedures, reviewing and signing off risk factors for new and existing projects and products, enforcement of Risk Policies and Procedures and reporting.
4. Management of the Internal Control Environment – This involves reviewing company-wide internal controls and procedures, monitoring the closure and implementation of Key open internal audit, risk, and regulatory matters, handling reports on suspicious activities, and providing support in investigating and closing the findings.
5. People and Performance Management of the Risk Management – Inter alia this involves developing the necessary plans to ensure that the Department meets its agreed goals and objectives through the setting of agreed key performance indicators with team members, evaluating and identifying performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranging for necessary action, and ensuring administration of fair rewards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
a) Strong interpersonal skills.
b) A self-starter and self-motivated individual.
c) Results driven.
d) Analytical logical thinker with good problem-solving skills.
e) Ability to work on a wide range of deliverables at the same time.
f) Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
g) Ability to plan and organise in line with job requirements.
h) Excellent negotiation skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first university degree in Finance, Accounting, Audit, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent from a reputable university.
- A Chartered Accountant with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or a Certified Risk Manager or its equivalent.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in Audit or Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) three (3) of which must have been at Manager level.
Method Of Application
Applications and curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three traceable referees must reach the address below by 23rd February 2024 either by post or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Business Partner
NICO Life Insurance Company Limited
P.O. Box 3044,
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com