CUMO Microfinance Limited
CUMO Microfinance Limited is a not-for-profit rural microfinance company providing financial and non-financial services at village level. CUMO currently serves over 72,000 clients (80% are women) across 23 districts of Malawi. In line with its growth plan, CUMO is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Nature of Contract: Three Years Fixed Term &#8211; renewable
Duty Station: Lilongwe
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Risk and Compliance Officer, will be expected to, among other things, analyze CUMO’s business operations and take the responsibility of the initiation and management of risk in the Company including ensuring that regulatory requirements governing the Company’s business are complied with.
a) In respect of Risk Management
- Work in collaboration with management to initiate and manage the risk management function.
- Analyze CUMO’s business operations and recommend a risk mitigation strategy.
- Lead processes of enhancing the Company’s risk management manual.
- Document risk assessments and supervise risk thresholds in the Company.
- Regularly oversee possible risk areas and annually update the Company’s overall risk assessment.
- Maintain the Company’s Risk Register.
- Undertake periodic risk reporting.
b) In respect to Compliance
- Ensure that CUMO is in compliance with its policies as well as relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance matters are met.
- Manage all employee and business process compliance activities for the entire Company.
- Review and analyze all in-force contracts to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with departmental heads to review all departmental policies for compliance issues.
- Provide periodic reports on Compliance.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Internal Auditing or any other related qualification from recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a busy office.
- High integrity and ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and good report writing skill.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
CUMO pays competitive salary including housing allowance, medical cover, and end of contract gratuity among others. Individuals who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
Method Of Application
Application including full CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the position and contact details of three work-related referees should be sent either electronically (email) or by post to:
The Finance & Administration Manager
CUMO Microfinance Limited
Plot 6/278, Area 6
P O Box X99,
Closing date is February 7, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org