Blantyre Water Board
Blantyre Water Board is a government-owned institution established and reconstituted under the Waterworks Act of 1995 to supply potable water to residents of the City of Blantyre City and other surrounding areas. Blantyre Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant positions:
RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Applicants must have the following attributes:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a busy office
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Honest and vigilant to note discrepancies
- Fair, ethical and principled.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the annual Risk Management plan in line with Board’s Risk Management Framework
- Developing and Maintaining Risk Register for all departments and ensure relevant risk information is captured and communicated in a timely manner across the organization, enabling staff, management, and the board to carry out their responsibilities
- Developing and implementing risk treatment plan
- Facilitating the selection of appropriate risk responses that align risks with the organization’s risk appetite
- Performing risk assessments with stakeholders and establish tolerance levels for risks
- Conducting continuous and period monitoring of risks against risk appetites and tolerances
- Preparing and submitting reports on risk management based on internal reviews
- Assisting in periodic reviews of Risk Management Policy and Framework
- Coordinating the activities of risk management function at the Board level
- Organizing workshops and awareness sessions to promote risk awareness
- Assisting in the development and execution of annual compliance plan
- Conducting compliance monitoring activities
- Maintaining a log of all corporate contracts
- Maintaining a corporate calendar and monitoring compliance to deadlines
- Maintaining compliance logs
- Performing such other relevant and lawful duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
An attractive salary will be offered in accordance with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Method Of Application
Interested eligible applicants must submit their written applications giving full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of two (2) traceable referees to:
Chief Executive Officer
Blantyre Water Board
P.O. Box 30369
The closing date for receiving application letters is 15th November, 2023.
Blantyre Water Board is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.