Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position OverviewReporting to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Informatics the Research Manager is a member of the MEL and Informatics team that supports all TIENI research projects including supporting the designing, development, and implementation of research protocols. The Research Manager will be responsible for the overall execution of the TIENI research agenda in coordination with the Ministry of Health’s key departments and divisions. S/he will provide guidance on data collection approaches and lead the data collection processes for both quantitative and qualitative or mixed-method surveys. In liaison with the program team, the research manager will lead and provide guidance on the processes to conduct research.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of different research projects under the MOMENTUM TIENI Project.
- Lead in the development of study protocols and manage their submission to both Palladium’s Internal Research Ethics Committee and all other relevant external ethics board.
- Conduct a literature review on the research subjects.
- Develop data collection tools on both paper-based and electronic systems.
- Facilitate preparation of research budgets.
- Build the capacity of data collection teams on different research methodologies and data collection tools.
- Lead data collection teams in the collection of high-quality data and adherence to the research protocol.
- Lead the data cleaning and analysis exercise.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all the relevant stakeholders including key government ministries and departments.
- Present study findings to stakeholders at different levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Social Sciences, Economics, or Demography.
- At least 5-7 years of experience and proven responsibility in managing studies from conception, operation, and dissemination of study findings.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis software’s eg. SPSS, STATA, R.
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software eg. Atlas TI, Dedoose.
- Familiarity with ODK, Survey CTO or any other mobile device data collection application.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and experience with the Malawi health system, in general, and particularly the Maternal, Newborn Child Health landscape.
- Demonstrated experience in working on USAID project and working the Ministry of Health at national and district level
- Fluency in English and Chichewa.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.