Water For People
Advert for Research Assistants – Blantyre and Chiradzulu residents
Water For People, in collaboration with World Vision International and Chiradzulu District Council are implementing “Chiradzulu WASH For Everyone Project” in Chiradzulu district for a period of three years. The project aims at contributing towards attainment of Universal WASH Coverage in Chiradzulu district by 2024.
Chiradzulu WASH for Everyone Project will undertake an Outcome Monitoring Survey in seven (7) Traditional Authorities of the Chiradzulu district. Chiradzulu WASH for Everyone Project therefore is currently looking for dedicated professionals to fill the position below. If you are meeting the requirements below, we would love to talk to you.
Position Title: Research Assistants (Chiradzulu WASH for Everyone Project)
Purpose of the position
This is a temporary position where Research Assistants will collect data in Chiradzulu District where Water for People and World Vision are implementing a WASH for Everyone project.
- Collect data from household caregivers on household characteristics, disease burden and access to WASH using an android phone.
- Collect data from primary schools and health care facilities on children and patients access to WASH services.
- Be able to conduct water quality testing at the water point as well at household level
- Fill in all sections of the questionnaire with relevant information as given by the caregivers during household interviews.
- Engage your supervisor to review collected data in your android phone before synchronizing the data.
- Synch data into a server after the supervisor has reviewed and endorsed it. Check completed work for accuracy.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
Minimum qualification and experience required
- Minimum of a Diploma in Food Security, Health & Nutrition, Communication, Education and any related field.
- Practical experience in data collection using SMART phone or tablet.
- Knowledge of working with mWater platform is a MUST.
- Must have their own SMART phone or tablet
- Honest, sober-minded and team player
- Excellent communication skills in Chichewa
- Those that have worked on a similar exercise before will have an added advantage.
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CVs that clearly indicate their experience in data collection using mWater, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees, preferably one of whom you have reported.
Hand deliver the letter to: The Project Manager, WASH for everyone Project, Chiradzulu Office.
Closing date is Wednesday, 22nd November 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.