Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF in Collaboration with Lighthouse Malawi as well as Right to Care will be implementing a research study called “Validation of an HIV Testing Eligibility Screening Tool to Identify Adults Living with HIV in Malawi’’. The study will take place in 24 public health facilities in EGPAF and Lighthouse Trust supported scale up districts of Chiradzulu, Blantyre, Zomba, Thyolo, Lilongwe and Mzimba. The study will be implemented for about two months in all the study districts.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open temporary positions for this project:
Position: Research Assistant (24)
Location: Blantyre, Lilongwe, Zomba, Thyolo, Mzimba and Chiradzulu Districts
Reporting to: Public Health Evaluation & Research Coordinator
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Research Assistants will oversee activities conducted by the Study Diagnostic Assistants (HDAs) and will perform quality control and quality assurance measures of the collected data.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Oversee HDAs apart from assisting in recruiting potential survey participants as per the survey protocol and operating procedures.
- Attend study training and should be well versed with the protocol, study procedures and applicable EGPAF policies and procedures.
- Ensure that there is availability of necessary daily study materials before recruiting study participants.
- Screen and enroll study participants.
- Capture data from study participants using tablets or paper-based questionnaires.
- Complete study documentation, in accordance with study protocol and EGPAF policies and procedures.
- Daily check of HDAs work.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of information and data collected.
- Maintain inventory of study supplies, in his/her custody.
- Trouble shoot and resolve challenges encountered by the HDAs.
- Provide daily recruitment updates or challenges to the Public Health Evaluation & Research Coordinator
- Any other research related duties as required.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field;
- Experience using tablets including ODK software or other electronic data collection software;
- Prior research or data entry experience is a requirement;
Bonus Points if you:
- Have ability to do quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Are professional and respectful
- Are self-motivated with good problem-solving skills
- Have ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Are fluent in English and Chichewa
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, indigenous, people of color, and other members of historically underrepresented communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum.
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing date: 27th January, 2024