Family Health Services (FHS)
Family Health Services (FHS), formerly known as PSI Malawi, has partnered with the government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health (MoH) since 1994 in safeguarding the health of Malawians by using private sector approaches to reconfigure healthcare delivery – (i) through directly delivering innovative social and behavior change communications, social marketing and social franchising across a wide range of health areas including Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and water-borne disease prevention (ii) by playing a market facilitation role, approaching market challenges and opportunities with a system-wide lens that unlocks a self-sustaining market with multiple players that can prioritize, adapt and ultimately thrive without external assistance and funds.
While a local organisation with deep roots in Malawi, Family Health Services is globally connected; mainly through affiliation to Population Service International (PSI), a Washington DC based non-governmental and non-profit making organization that boasts a global network of members across over 50 countries through which FHS continues to leverage capacities, learnings, and best practice to enhance activities in Malawi.
FHS is seeking for Reproductive Health Locum Clinicians
The Family Planning Provider is responsible for service provision of all SRHR services to clients at mobile outreach clinic.
- Ensure clear and well-arranged client flow at an outreach clinic and assist in preparing clients for procedures.
- Ensure the equipment for family planning (FP) procedure is cleaned and processed in line with set infection prevention standards and regulations.
- Ensure that RH equipment and supplies are adequate, ready and available on daily basis for outreach activities.
- Conduct opt out HIV counselling and testing services using national testing guidelines
- Provide FP services according to FHS Service Delivery protocols during outreach clinics.
- Ensure that client counseling and education standards, including contraceptive choice, are adhered to at all time.
- Competently perform implant and IUCD insertions and removals on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complication.
- Competently perform BTL procedure on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications
- Appropriately manage and refer complications and/or adverse events reported during outreach clinics as per AE communication and referral protocol
- Strictly adhere to service delivery, quality assurance and quality improvement guidelines and standard procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly online QA/QI continuous professional development/medical education (CPD/CME) sessions
- Lead and document monthly team level quality improvement review meetings. Share minutes with QA/QI coordinator
- Correctly and completely fill client intake forms and registers
- Ensures that RH tools, guidelines, protocols and checklists are available at the site for use and reference by the team.
- Successfully demonstrate technical competence during periodic performance assessments.
- Contribute effectively to teamwork through active participation in team activities and tasks
- Ensure improved demand for services through identification of actionable innovations
- Ensure that funds requisition and fuel reconciliation are done on time
- Update on regular basis the stock status and keeps the inventory record
- Compile daily and weekly data reports
- Ensure safety of equipment and supplies at a team level.
QUALIFICATIONS (i.e. Education, Training and Experience requirements)
Diploma in Clinical Medicine and registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
- Pleasant and open attitude to serving clients, including
- Willing to travel 75% time in rural areas’
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- Good grasp of the current issues pertaining to Reproductive Health and other Social Health issues in Malawi
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees with the job position in the subject line by 9th December 2022, to “The Procurement Coordinator, Family Health Services, Box 30132, Lilongwe” through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. Family Health Services maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
Family Health Service has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: Family Health Services will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or vetted career websites. Official FHS emails will always arrive from a @fhs.org.mw email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com