Application deadline: 04 March 2024
Objective of the Role:
Wala wishes to engage a Renewable Energy Specialist to join its team. The role of the Renewable Energy Specialist is to deliver the technical aspects of the company in relation to renewable energy functions. You will work with other colleagues to ensure the successful execution of the company’s renewable energy related goals and priorities. To be successful in this role, the incumbent should be able to think on their feet, and come up with practical methods of dealing with challenges as and when they arise. You should be highly knowledgeable and organised, with good interpersonal, people relation and management skills.
Above the technical competences, we are looking for a driven, long-term sighted individual who has an authentic interest in contributing to Malawi’s socio-economic development and is willing to grow within a multicultural, dynamic and innovative place of work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with other colleagues to provide the technical function of the company in relation to Renewable Energy.
- Work with stakeholders (e.g. management, teammates from other departments, external partners, donors, suppliers etc.) to ensure attainment of the company’s technical goals including, amongst others, product sales and service delivery related to renewable energy.
- Innovate – analyse market needs and requirements, propose and lead pursuit of suggestions for new and ground breaking areas of renewable energy related work.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments and apply best practices to company functions.
- Lead unparalleled technical and post-sales support to customers and partners. Assess client needs and lead response and implementation of recommendations for suitable technical solutions.
- Develop analytical reports describing the impact and progress made against relevant program objectives, identify any gaps and emerging technical and operational issues, and formulate recommendations for program improvement.
- Any other reasonable and related tasks assigned from time-to-time.
Professional and academic background/expertise:
- Registration with Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority (MERA)
- Demonstrated experience and practical knowledge of the design, installation and management of off-grid renewable energy, preferably solar PV, systems
- Experience/demonstrated understanding of solar water pumping, including sizing, selecting components, costing, existing technologies, management and business models, maintenance, extension services for irrigation scheme management, BOQ preparation, etc.
- Experience/demonstrated understanding of Productive Use of Renewable Energy (PURE), particularly of solar productive applications in agriculture, an asset.
- Working knowledge of renewable energy integration and maintenance.
- A solid understanding of the renewable energy market and developments.
- A strong understanding of various business models, policy options and financing schemes for sustainable energy solutions, including demonstrated ability to calculate energy savings from renewable energy projects.
- Ability to run simulations and performance models.
- Understanding of best practices, standards, and regulation compliance for import, installation, maintenance and management of solar PV systems.
- Establishing collaboration, developing and maintaining working relationships.
- Customer service orientation.
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills.
- Integrity and highly ethical.
- High levels of professionalism.
- Develops and inspires others.
- Self-starter who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Values diversity.
- Ability to produce deliverables in due time and with quality standards.
- Strong interpersonal, people interaction and communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chichewa.
- Team building and management skills.
- Ability to organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
Method Of Application
If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding transition and see yourself as a fit for this role, reach out to us by submitting your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com.
Clearly state the position to which you are applying in the subject of your email application.
Deadline for submissions is 04 March 2024 at 23:59HRS CAT. Late submissions will not be considered.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.