1 year fixed term contract
A Diploma in General, Community and Midwifery Nursing
Training Certificate in VMMC
2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in NGO /community or a hospital environment, surgical nursing experience and knowledge of infection control principles
- Assist in the provision of high-quality male circumcision procedures.
- Do relevant blood test and observations/ vital signs.
- Assess, examine, and diagnose patient’s clinical condition and refer appropriately.
- Record keeping of all relevant patient information on files and in Qode MMC Lynx System.
- Give health talks on STI prevention and MMC procedures.
- Maintenance of aseptic technique and correct waste disposal at the site.
- Ensuring that adequate stock is in place and well controlled.
- Safekeeping of all other clinic equipment
- Provide safe and clean environment for clients
- Wound suturing and care
- Oversee internal QA assessments, and lead initiatives to respond to external QA assessments
· Ensure efficient coordination of the MMC site, its referrals networks and ensure sustenance of the MMC Programme.
· Ensure all data generated is verified before submission.
- Coordinate the transfer of VMMC data to DHIS.
· Supervise and coordinate activities of enrolled nurses, admin clerk and lay counsellors.
· Monthly submission of time sheets.
- Coordinate the site in-service training program
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.