Farmers World Limited
Farmers World Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and result driven candidates for consideration to fill the following position:
Regional Security Manager-North (based in Mzuzu)
The position will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of all aspects of risks which include Physical security, Investigation and Security Measures of Farmers World- Northern Region.
- Ensuring that all physical security is delivered within the security policy and procedures manual
- Ensuring that normal and thorough checks are conducted at all FW NORTH premises; ensuring that goods and stock entering and exiting the premises are checked in terms of quantities and quality and reporting same to the General Manager.
- Ensuring that weights of loads/trucks are monitored at the Weighbridge and that discrepancies are appropriately recorded, reported, and action is taken timely.
- Conducting regular inspections of all FW NORTH premises and those premises where FW NORTH stock is stored to ensure loopholes are identified and rectified timely.
- Visiting scenes and investigates security and loss control incidents for Farmers World.
- Maintaining and updating the Security Operations procedure from time to time for use by all on site security personnel to cover duties, individual instructions for each post; attendance; use of security equipment; dress standard; training etc.
- Compiling a case file when and taking all necessary actions to ensure case follow-up closure within a reasonable time.
- Acting on findings from situational reports compiled by Security In charge and/or other Security officers, Investigators and Group Head of Security
- Preparing and conducting training sessions for all security staff and staff from other departments on Risk and Security at least quarterly
- Ensuring that all new recruits have been thoroughly scrutinized in terms of their track record with emphasis on criminal records.
- Providing effective leadership to the security team and ensuring that resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately.
- Controls budgets and ensures that they are managed and controlled properly and, to achieve best value for money.
- Identifying training needs within the function for continuous improvement of service delivery of the security function.
- Setting and reviewing performance objectives set for subordinates in line with the company`s performance appraisal policy.
- Providing advice to Management and FW NORTH staff on areas of compliance and strategic risk, and plan for addressing those areas
- Contribute to the maintenance of the FW NORTH strategic risk register
- Identify new approaches to improve internal controls and Risk and compliance management.
Experience, Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Security and Formal Security Training (and proven experience) in related field.
- Must have worked in a security related industry/management, with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong analytical, detective, and problem-solving skills
- Fire-arm operation and Crime Investigation skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (Both Written and Oral)
- Time management
- Strong people and performance management skills.
Method Of Application
Those meeting the aforementioned requirements should send their applications with detailed CV’s and at least three traceable referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
Farmers World Limited
P.O. Box 1631
Not later than Friday, 11th November, 2022
Only Shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. If you don’t hear from us by 30th November 2022 please consider your application unsuccessful. Farmers World is an equal opportunities employer, and as such, no canvassing shall be allowed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org