United States Embassy
Incumbent performs inspections, installations, preventative maintenances, and emergency repairs of unclassified technical security, counterterrorism, and life-safety equipment deployed by Diplomatic Security (DS) at U.S. diplomatic missions overseas. Studies and makes recommendations for ways to improve the effectiveness of the security systems at U.S. diplomatic missions in the ESO Dar es Salaam and Regional Technical Office (RTO) Lilongwe regions, including constituent posts.
The Full position description is attached, we encourage you to go through it.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) years of hands-on field experience in major repairs and installation of electrical and heavy-duty mechanical equipment, CCTV, public address, AVBCS, reading and interpreting architectural and engineering design drawings is required.
- Should have knowledge and/or experience in installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical and electronic systems; hydraulic and/or pneumatic equipment; in working with different types of steel, concrete and masonry wall construction, anchors and bolts.
- Should be able to use knowledge and skills to rectify problems associated with security equipment independently.
Completion of high school in addition to two (2) years of apprenticeship or an advanced equivalent local level of occupational training as technician, electrician, or mechanic is required
LANGUAGE: Level III English (good working knowledge, speaking reading and writing) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to use MS Excel, Access, and Word software and Internet search engines.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematic diagrams of electrical and mechanical drawings, minor adjustments, and repairs. Must be able to apply knowledge of above in the installation and M&R to FE/BR doors and windows.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Ability to present a friendly, helpful, patient and caring impression to customers.
- Ability to talk and relate to U.S. and local personnel from a variety of backgrounds and Mission offices.
- Ability to be firm but tactful when explaining policy or limitations on resources.
- Ability to use special lifting equipment and/or coordination of unskilled laborers. The nature of work may require working from a ladder, in crawl spaces, above ceiling areas and other non-office areas of a building structure.
- Ability to deal with upset or difficult clients while keeping own temper/composure.
- Ability to assure upset/angry clients that their concerns will be addressed while not promising actions/results that are inconsistent with Mission practices.
- Ability to employ a problem-solving approach to difficult issues rather than assigning blame.
- Ability to maintain objectivity in difficult situations.
- Must be available for frequent travel. The position may travel alone or as part of a regional security team.
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.