United Civil Servants SACCO
The United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and credit products to civil servants in Malawi its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all civil servants in Malawi. It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to help in improving their community and country.
Post: Regional Manager (2 positions)
Reporting to: Branch Networks Manager
Employment Type: Fulltime
The regional manager will be managing branch managers so that they provide excellent customer service to our members throughout their region. They will be responsible for the sustainable growth of the branches (growth in membership, loan book, revenue and profitability while containing expense). Will also be looking into day to day running of the branches in his region. They will be responsible for managing risk and compliance of their branches through branch managers.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Management of Branch Processes and Business Transactions
- Making sure that branches are open and closed according to specified time.
- Making sure that branches have resources to carry out day to day processes ( machines, stationary)
- Making sure that all branches have balanced their transactions at close of business.
- Making sure that account opening and closing procedures are being followed.
- Making sure that branch operations procedures are being followed.
- Actioning of ICT audit reports.
- Liquidity Management
- Making sure that branches are always liquid.
- Making sure that branches follow procedures on requesting of cash.
- Making sure bank authorizations are done on time.
- Making sure that bank reconciliations are done.
- Making sure that branches are observing C: D ratios.
- Branch Network Performance Management
- Making sure that branches can meet their targets in membership recruitment and retention.
- Making sure that branches can meet their loan book growth targets and manage delinquency as per the acceptable standards.
- Savings growth; shares and deposit mobilization
- Driving the branch network towards increasing income (beating the targets given), reducing expenditure hence making beating the surplus targets given as per the strategic business plan.
- Managing efficient and effective processes
- Making sure that branches are following procedures in their daily processes; they maintain speed and accuracy. Making sure that all operations are done productively; spending less and producing more; e.g. good time management; avoid wastage of all other resources.
- Cost containment
- Implementing strategies that would reduce the cost in branches.
- Human Resources Management
- Making sure that all subordinates have their job descriptions, Performance contracts in time and appraisals done accordingly.
- Initiating recruitment by providing vacancies to human resources department.
- Identification of training needs for teams.
- Leave days planning for team and self.
- Risk and compliance management
- Making sure that supervisions are done, and reports actioned.
- Following up on progress of issues raised on audit reports(R&C reports, Internal audits, RBM on site evaluations and External Audits).
- Feedback on member queries (weekly & recommendations)
- Weekly and monthly reports
|Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
ü A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
ü Tangible experience of at least three years in senior position.
ü A team – builder able to demand results from his team through performance management.
ü Result – oriented individual hungry for high performance of his/her teams.
ü Enough knowledge and experience in risk management in the banking sector or a financial services provider institution both at head office and branch level.
ü Someone with high integrity, commitment and professional standards
ü Good organizational and time management skills
ü Inter-personal related Skills
ü Problem Solving skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with at least three (3) traceable references plus copies of certificates including MSCE not later than 12 November 2023, to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged