National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012. NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million litres Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following position:
RECEPTIONIST (NOC08) – CODE: R2024 (Tenable at Head Office in Lilongwe)
To efficiently manage front desk activities, ensuring a professional and welcoming environment for visitors and effective communication within the organization.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Greet and assist visitors courteously.
- Direct visitors to appropriate offices or personnel.
- Maintain a professional and organized reception area.
- Operate the switchboard efficiently and handle calls in a polite manner.
- Record incoming and outgoing telephone calls accurately.
- Take messages and ensure prompt delivery to the intended recipients.
- Receive, sign for, and distribute hand-delivered mail promptly.
- Direct incoming mail to the relevant offices.
- Assist in the coordination of courier services as needed.
- Report PBX faults promptly to ensure timely maintenance and resolution.
- Maintain a time register accurately to monitor and record employee attendance.
REPORTING LINE AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
The position reports to the Assistant HR and Administration Officer and has no supervisory responsibility.
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Drive for results – Ability to commit to action and assume responsibility and ownership for own performance and the associated outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Front Office Operations, Business Administration/Management, or a related field, from. Possession of a Diploma in a related field from an accredited institution will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience working as a receptionist in an organization of comparable size.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th February 2024
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.