To invest in the dreams of families in the world’s underserved communities as we proclaim and live the Gospel.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide biblically based training, saving services, loans that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
HOPE International Malawi is a Christ-centered savings group ministry. The mission of HOPE is to invest in the dreams of families in the world’s underserved communities as we proclaim and live the gospel.
HOPE pursues its mission through biblically based training and savings ministries through relationships with like-minded Christian organization, where HOPE may provide certain technical, financial and other ministry related assistance in order to equip, support and encourage organizations that share HOPE’s vision for savings group (SG) ministry
The organization is currently seeking to recruit a well experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the role of QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER. The following are the details of the vacant position.
LOCATION : Lilongwe, Malawi
LEVEL : Professional
DEPARTMENT : Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO : Operations Manager
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES : None
CATEGORY : Full-Time
Full Job Summary
The Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for monitoring that all the partner programs are complying to operational policies and procedures that are set by HOPE Malawi and ensuring that field staff are accurately reporting groups data in quill. The QAO will also be required to support listening, monitoring, and evaluation (LM&E) activities like conducting qualitative and quantitative research and testing innovative new evaluation methods. In addition, he/she will be required to provide recommendations to management on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes and procedures.
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
1. Monitoring of Operations for HOPE Malawi Partner Program
- Attend mentoring and savings group (SG) meetings on monthly basis to monitor the partner’s compliance of HOPE Malawi procedures at these meetings
- Providing support and coaching to Church Facilitators and Field Coordinators
- Provide recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operational policies and procedures for the partner programs.
- Provide training on reporting tools and procedures to all new field staff
- Conduct monthly data validation procedure at the partners office and ensure that the data on the paper forms is the same as what was entered in quill
- Ensure that the paper forms at the partners office are properly stored according to HOPE Malawi data storage policy
- Overseeing and ensuring that all required group visits / QA processes are completed by the field staff
2. Managing the database (Quill)
- Ensure that the status of all graduated church facilitators is updated in quill after every transition phase
- In coordination with training coordinator ensure that all newly trained church facilitators are added in quill
- Update the Quality Assurance workbook on monthly basis and send it to CSU, Operations Manager and Country Director
- Complete a field monitoring report for every visit that is made to mentoring meetings and Saving group visits and properly file the FMRs after entering them in the QA workbook
- Assist the operations manager in ensuring that on monthly basis all the field coordinators submit their Quill Monthly Checklist with all the supporting documents
4. Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Actively participate in bi-weekly devotions, monthly meetings and annual retreats for HOPE staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-centered mission and to promote spiritual growth among staff, Facilitators and SCA group members.
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, spiritual disciplines.
5. Listening, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist the Operations manager in determining listening priorities for HOPE Malawi
- Assist the Operations manager with survey design and implementation procedures and developing an annual plan of implementing surveys initiated by HOPE Malawi
- Participate in the process of carrying out CSU initiated surveys e.g HOPE Quotient, member satisfaction surveys, Volunteer engagement surveys
- Assist in the analysis of research results and development of recommendations
- Oversee enumerators and survey administration, as requested by HOPE Malawi leadership.
6. Other Duties
- Will perform other duties as requested by the Country Director or Operations Manager
- Participate in International Quality Assurance calls and meetings as requested (may involve occasional international travel).
Skills And Qualifications
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Passionate commitment to HOPE’s mission and Vision
- Understanding of the Savings Groups Ministry and principles or demonstrated ability and commitment to learn.
- Passion and ability to self-educate regarding SG Ministry methodologies and systems
- A minimum of a university degree in Social Sciences, with a preference of a specialization or postgraduate in project management, M&E and or Statistics
- Excellent understanding of cross-cultural communications, workplace relationships, church relations and the ability to relate to and self-motivated.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chichewa
- Excellent computer-based communication skills including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word with ability to learn further technological skills
- Experience with data management systems and monitoring and evaluation systems such as ODK.
- Highly flexible and creative, assertive, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of listening, monitoring & Evaluation e.g. survey designing and results analysis
- Willingness to travel extensively
Method of Application
Please follow the link below to Apply: https://bit.ly/hope-malawi-qao