Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education, vocational skills training, food security and environmental programs. Our work towards development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, driven by innovative and cost effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III.
An opportunity has arisen for interested applicants to fill the position of Proposal Development Writer in DAPP Lilongwe Partnership Office reporting to the DAPP Partnership Manager.
Responsible for coordinating the planning, development and production of winning proposals from start to finish. The role includes interpreting Request for Proposals (RFP) requirements; coordinating proposal planning; managing the execution of the Proposal Plan and ensuring completion of the proposal documents; coordinating and developing timely and correct input from proposal stakeholders; and overseeing / coordinating production and submission of high quality proposals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce winning proposals – especially within the areas of Health, Agriculture, Climate Change, Education and Community Development– from the start to the submission – including data collection, study of relevant background material, budgeting, using pre-printed formats for proposal development including budget templates, log frames, theory of change etc.
- Identify and keep track of new funding opportunities
- Prepare, attend and coordinate meetings with consortium partners for proposal development.
- Do proof reading of various documents before submission to partner
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, Education, Agriculture or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working with rural community development projects- preferable related to health, education or climate change.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in producing winning proposals to international donors – including narrative, log frame as well as budgeting following donor guidelines/ instructions.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in being the team leader for writing of bigger proposals as part of consortium.
- Computer literate – including spreadsheets
- Skills and experience in designing of layout for proposals and promotion materials is preferred
- Be self-driven
- Open minded and strong team spirit
- Fluent in English both verbal and written including grammar.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, gender, hunger and environment.
Method Of Application
Applications describing detailed experience in relation to this vacancy, CV, contact phone numbers and three traceable references must be forwarded to the following address at your earliest convenience but latest by 20th January, 2023 to
candidate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please write: Proposal Writer in the subject when sending the e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org