Central Region Water Board
Central Region Water Board is a statutory corporation legally mandated by the Waterworks Act No. 17 of 1995 to provide water and sanitation services in all towns and market centres in the central region except Lilongwe City.
Vacancy has arisen which the Board would like to fill immediately. Job and person specifications for the position are as follows:
PROJECTS MANAGER CRWB 3
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services (DTS), the Projects Manager will provide technical leadership for the coordination, implementation and review of projects management programs in accordance with goals, strategies and policies set by the Board.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provides leadership in the implementation of Board’s water development projects.
- In liaison with Corporate Planning Division, interpret projects’ scope of work, project documentation and project plans.
- Provides independent advice on the management of projects and facilitates the Board’s projects implementation as planned.
- Scrutinizes technical soundness of proposed water works and systems designs for either rehabilitation or new development projects such as pipes, pipe network, water pumps, intakes, tanks and related features.
- Identifies the required technical approach to be used in project implementation programs and initiates the process of acquiring project implementation structures and resources.
- Manages specialist consultants and contractors to implement projects where the Project unit cannot do it by itself and monitoring the contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Ensures effective communications and relationships between project beneficiaries, financiers and project team members are maintained at all time in terms of agreement to project objectives, representing the interests of both the Board and clients and makes sure that the aims of the projects are met.
- Directs and supervises members of staff in the Projects Management Division, defines their responsibilities, administers performance management system and allocates them tasks to gain effective and efficient achievement of work programs.
- Any other duties relevant for the post of Projects Manager.
Candidates should possess a minimum of the following:
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Water Engineering;
- Registered with the Malawi Board of Engineers (MBE);
- Five (5) successive years’ experience in management of complex water supply infrastructure projects;
Method Of Application
If you feel you fully qualify for the position, as per above specifications, please submit your curriculum vitae containing details of three (3) traceable referees and a covering application letter in sealed envelope clearly marked the position you are applying for
The submissions of the vacancy applied for, should be made not later than 10th November, 2023 to the:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Region Water Board
Private Bag 59