Central Region Water Board
Central Region Water Board is a statutory corporation legally mandated by the Waterworks Act No. 17 of 1995 to provide water and sanitation services in all towns and market centres in the central region except Lilongwe City.
Vacancy has arisen which the Board would like to fill immediately. Job and person specifications for the position are as follows:
PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR CRWB 4 (NON-ESTABLISHED)
Prepare cost estimates, valuate works and provide expert guidance related to planning, design and implementation of infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare cost estimates and budgets for construction projects.
- Conduct feasibility studies to determine project viability
- Manage project costs, including labor, materials, and equipment
- Advise Central Region Water Board on cost-saving measures and alternative materials for construction of projects.
- Identify and manage project risks related to changes in project scope.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities or specification documents for tendering purposes.
- Assist in preparation of tender documents and tender evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with construction regulations and sig standards on construction sites.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control;
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and take responsibility for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during contracts, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Carry out projection of estimated project or development expenditure and anticipated income cash flows.
- Undertake comparative cost studies on the economics of the project during design stage.
- Conduct Life-cycle costing and studies on economics of alternative design.
- Advise Central Region Water Board and the project team on legal matters and disputes related to project implementation.
- Valuate or audit contract claims for arbitrations litigation cases.
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Technology or its equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience in taking -off, production of Bills of Quantities and taking measurements of completed works.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Adequate experience of construction estimating and/or finance.
- In-depth knowledge of construction and its principles and guidelines.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Method Of Application
If you feel you fully qualify for the position, as per above specifications, please submit your curriculum vitae containing details of three (3) traceable referees and a covering application letter in sealed envelope clearly marked the position you are applying for
The submissions of the vacancy applied for, should be made not later than 10th November, 2023 to the:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Region Water Board
Private Bag 59