Synod of Livingstonia Health Department
Position: Project Officer (X3)
Reports to: M&E Manager
Commitment: Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Working Hours: Regular Office Hours (40Hrs/Week)
Location: Mzimba South, Mzimba North and Rumphi district
The CCAP Synod of Livingstonia Health Department was established in the year 1990 to coordinate the Synod health care work in its catchment area. The Synod of Livingstonia operates its health services in the Northern Region of Malawi in 4 of the 6 Northern Districts. The health facilities are in Mzimba District at Embangweni with all its health centres, Ekwendeni and all its health centres, Rumphi District at Livingstonia and all its health centres, Chitipa District at Msumbe and Nkhata Bay District at Kavuzi and Bandawe. Through service delivery and advocacy, SoLHD works to bring access to and use of high-quality EHP services to those most in need and serve as an antidote to despair. SoLHD is a member of Act-alliance and N’zatonse Consortium, a grouping of development partners that are implementing a project entitled: Strengthening Public- Private Partnership in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Project with funding from the Joint Country Program (NCA-DCA). SoLHD is therefore seeking the services of qualified personnel for the N’zatonse SRHR project phase 5 which will be implemented in Mzimba South, Mzimba North and Rumphi district.
Position Description Overview:
The project officer will have a leading role in the implementation of the N’zatonse project, collaborating with the project field officers in the preparation of requisitions, developing, maintaining, and analysing budgets, and preparing periodic reports that reflect our impact. He/She will ensure that project records are kept up-to-date and accessible. The main purpose of this job is to facilitate the overall implementation of the Sexual and Reproductive Health N’zatonse project in Mzimba district/Rumphi and ensure that the project goals are achieved.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize community SRHR structures and ensure their effective participation in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of SRHR interventions in line with the N’zatonse Project concept.
- Facilitate Community Capacity building training, for youths, women, and men on sexual and reproductive issues within the project impact area.
- Conduct Community Mobilization, sensitization and awareness creating demand for family planning and other Sexual and Reproductive Health services in the project impact area.
- Facilitate regular dialogues with communities and ensure their effective participation in the planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation of Sexual reproductive health interventions in line with the N’zatonse project design.
- Supervise and provide technical support to community SRHR facilitators, and new and already existing SRHR community structures within the impact area.
- Perform necessary community assessments for proposal development.
- Participate in the Health Department Resource mobilization and other strategic activities.
- Attend JCP meetings and other necessary gatherings related to the project.
- Collaborate and network with other key stakeholders in the N’zatonse project within Mzimba. district.
- Ensure proper accountability of financial and other resources within the N’zatonse project.
- Conduct Monitoring and Evaluation of project interventions
- Compile activity, quarterly reports, semiannual, annual, and other reports
- And any other duties as assigned from time to time by Management.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Social Science, Public Health or a related field, those with a diploma coupled with experience in the same project are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, project accounting, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience writing reports and project proposals.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organise workload to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- High degree of integrity, morality, ethics, and professionalism.
- Competence in Microsoft Excel and other related Microsoft Office packages.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- An innovative and effective team player
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise and meet competing deadlines.
Method Of Application
Qualified and interested persons should apply to the address below, enclosing their cover letter; copies of relevant certificates and curriculum vitae indicating three names of traceable referees with valid telephone numbers and email addresses not later than 13th February 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Executive Director
Synod of Livingstonia Health Department
P.O. Box 1000
NB: SoLHD is an equal opportunity employer as such every qualified and interested individual is encouraged to apply irrespective of gender, ethnic background, religious or political affiliation, or physical disability.