World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
PROJECT OFFICER-Grade 13-1 Position based in Nkhatabay District
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the IRS District Coordinator, the Project Officer will be responsible for coordinating IRS activities under a cluster of IRS Operational Sites by making sure that project deliverables, including planning and coordination of all IRS activities are implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Health staff at district council level and adhere to World Health Organization (WHO) standards. The position is therefore crucial, not only in ensuring that the project achieves the intended deliverables but also safeguarding IRS materials from loss throughout the implementation period.
- Provides oversight, supportive supervision, mentorship to site managers under their jurisdiction;
- In collaboration with District Coordinator and IRS Technical Officer, provide technical, administrative advice and analysis of operations performance to operation sites.
- In liaison with the District Coordinator and District Warehouse Officer, the Project Officer shall forecast IRs material need for operation sites under his/her jurisdiction for acquisition from the central warehouse.
- Oversees management of operation site level project deliverables including planning and coordination of all activities for IRS program in collaboration with the Operation Site Management, IRS technical Officer and District Coordinator;
- Work with District Technical Officer and other stakeholders to facilitate Environmental Compliance Activities under his/her jurisdiction
- Provides oversight on property management, inventory control of all IRS materials and equipment at the operation sites under their cluster;
- Oversees reconciliation of IRS materials at the end of a campaign for Operation Sites under his/her jurisdiction.
- In collaboration with the Warehouse Officer and IRS Technical Officer, Coordinate waste disposal process at the end of a campaign.
Partnerships & Advocacy
- Networks and collaborates with all community level structures and relevant stakeholders in program implementation and ensure community acceptance of IRS within his/her jurisdiction.
- Ensures that site managers enhance strong coordination between mobilizers and spray teams at the operation site level during spray operations.
- Promotes local level advocacy in IRS acceptance,
- Collaborates with District IRS Technical Officer and Site Managers to ensure quality training programs for IRS spray operators, team leaders, pump technicians, washers, and guards under his/her cluster are facilitated and conducted.
Program monitoring and reporting
- In liaison with Site Managers and district M&E officer, ensure data quality checks including verification on all collected data are done before submission.
- Supports Site Managers with data management of mobilization, spray and verification data which includes data collection, submission and filing at operational sites within his/her cluster.
- Responsible for overall monitoring of program progress and supervision at cluster level.
- Timely compilation and submission of reports from their cluster to the District Coordinator.
- Responsible for coordinating recruitment process of seasonal workers under his/her cluster
- In collaboration with the Site Management, manage the performance of the seasonal workers under his/her cluster.
- In collaboration with the Site management, make recommendations of seasonal workers for the next spraying campaign based on appraisal results
Knowledge, abilities, qualifications and experience required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Public Entomology, Tropical Diseases, Vector Control, or other related area preferred
- At least three years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing IRS programs, including training local spray teams and implementing quality control programs in the field;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and conducting pesticide evaluations to meet national and international environmental rules and regulations
Method Of Application
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 13th January, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following: Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; inform firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit wvi.org.