Malawi Health Equity Network (MHEN)
The Malawi Health Equity Network (MHEN) is an independent non-profit making alliance of civil society organizations in the health sector interested in promoting equitable access to quality, affordable and responsive heath care services in Malawi. MHEN achieves this through influencing policy formulation, review, and practice. The Network was formed in the year 2000 and got registered with the Government of Malawi in 2004. The Network uses strategies which include lobby and evidence-based advocacy, research, civic education and information sharing. Its vision is All people in Malawi have access to equitable, quality, affordable and responsive essential health care services while its Mission is To advocate and lobby for the heath systems that promote the delivery of equitable and quality heath care services by influencing policy and practice through research, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following key responsibilities:
- Managing the partnerships with donors and network members
- Build result based planning, monitoring and reporting systems and processes, and encourage sharing and learning of best practices within and outside the project
- Effective, efficient and accountable management of the budgeted project activities with support from the Finance Staff, the Program Manager and the Executive Director of MHEN.
- Producing activity reports in a timely manner
- Preparing project activity plans in a timely manner
- Trading project performance at community level and report, monitor and follow up on project activities.
- Preparing activity liquidations as per MEN policy and in a timely manner
- One of the Key players in the effective implementation of the project and related policy and advocacy work with local district and national stakeholders as agreed in the project plans.
- Represent MEN in relevant meetings/forums.
Applied knowledge, skills and expertise:
- Minimum advance diploma level in a development related discipline, preferably social science, social work, education, nursing and public health, those with degrees will have an advantage.
- Proven experience of at least two (2) years, supporting health related work at local level.
- Strong experience of community mobilization and facilitating citizen- led advocacy.
- Proven experience in facilitating participatory monitoring, documentation of change and project reporting.
- Proven experience of building partnerships and networking with other organizations.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of sexual and reproductive health,
- Strong writing, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to run a campaign
- Experience of managing donor funded contracts/ and or experience in managing donor funded projects.
- Experience in evidence- based advocacy
Method Of Application
Application letters with relevant supporting documentation including copies of educational and professional certificates, detailed CV and 3 traceable referees must be submitted not later than 8 September 2022, before 5:00 PM to the following address: email@example.com
OR The Executive Director,
Malawi Health Equity Network (MHEN),
P.O. Box 1618,
MHEN is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. However, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org