Save the Children
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Project Manager for Abwenzi A Ana Project which is being implemented in Ntcheu. The role holder will be responsible and accountable for effective and efficient planning, implementation and management of the Abwenzi A Ana program. She/he will lead the development and implementation of Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) and Workplans for the program, programme reporting, partnership management and capacity building of SCI program staff reporting to her/him, relevant government partners at district level and implementing and strategic partners staff for the program as necessary.
Abwenzi A Ana is an integrated project that covers wide ranging areas such as Basic Education, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition, Early Childhood Development, Child Protection Ending Child Marriages and Teenage Pregnancies among others. The program is implemented in Ntcheu district, with a strong focus on social inclusion.
The Project Manager will provide operational leadership to planning and implementation of the project and manage performance of the project and project team. He/She will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely and quality submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
The Project Manager will also provide leadership on sponsorship operations management in line with policies and procedures as outlined by GSO.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or any related discipline.
- Certificate or any additional qualification in Project management is an added advantage.
- At least 6 years working experience in managing development programmes at a manager or senior level highly recommended.
- Demonstrable experience of having worked in a multi-faceted project.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Sponsorship, Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST.
- Thorough understanding of SCI working principles and approaches of Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc- would be an added advantage.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Method Of Application
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.