National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
Request For Expression Of Interest (Individual Consultants Selection)
The Government of Malawi (GoM) through the National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) has received financing towards the cost of Malawi Social Support for Resilient Livelihood Project. The NLGFC intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under the contract for hiring a Project ICTOfficer.
The NLGFC invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the position of Project ICTOfficer, recruited as individual consultant.
Job Title: Project ICT Officer (Application Systems & Support)
Responsible to : ICT Specialist
Purpose: To assist the ICT Systems Specialist in managing the NLGFC databases including the Mthandizi MIS
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
I. Develop new or upgrading existing databases as and when need arises
II. Assist in managing and maintaining the Mthandizi MIS and Other related databases;
III. Provide technical support to the functionality of the Mthandizi MIS and other related databases
IV. Provide technical support in the provision of relevant reports related to Mthandizi MIS
V. Participate in the analysis of requirements of Mthandizi to consistently integrate with the ‘Malawi UBR’ and other related systems
VI. Participate in the preparation and execution of unit annual work plans and budgets.
VII. Contribute to the preparation of a monthly and quarterly implementation progress report of the unit.
VIII. Maintain and document all system users for audit trail;
IX. Develop, test, document, implement and enhance backup and recovery procedures;
X. Develop, document, implement and enhance applications change-management procedures and activities;
XI. Manage and administer all system users;
3. Professional Qualification and Person Specification
1. Holder of first Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology from a recognized university.
2. At least three (3) years’ experience in Public and / or Private Sectors.
3. Knowledge of any of the PHP frameworks i.e. Laravel and php unit testing with added skills in programming using either visual basic, PHP bootstrap, jQuery, Java or any other relational database in client/server environment.
4. Good communication and interpersonal and analytical skills
5. Ability to train staff in relevant skills.
6. Self-motivated, High level of integrity/confidentiality, result oriented, driver for excellence and creativity.
4 Duration of the contract
The Project ICT Officer will be recruited for 3 years up to 31st December 2025, but the contract shall be renewable annually based on satisfactory performance.
5 Location of Employment
The Project ICT Officer will be based at the NLGFC Office in Lilongwe.
6 Submission of Applications
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit application letters together with a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of referees, National ID, and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 14th October 2022 at 14.30 pm
The Executive Director
National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC),
Area 14, Red Cross Building
Private Bag 352
Or through the following email address email@example.com, Copy to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who fully meet the above requirements and are considered for further assessment shall be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com