Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB. The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) has received PEPFAR funding from the US government /CDC for Accelerating Malawi’s PEPFAR Laboratory Logistics and Infrastructure for Quality (AMPLIFY).
Applications are therefore welcome from interested internal candidates for the following vacant position on fixed term employment contract as follows to be based at our Lilongwe office.
1 x Project Driver
The incumbent shall be responsible for driving, taking care of and reporting about the institution’s vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Drive project vehicle as requested by the Management to assist with the smooth process of project implementation.
2. Checking basic maintenance of assigned vehicle (oils, tyres, coolant, lights, battery) regularly.
3. Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in a good running condition all the time.
4. Maintain vehicle usage logs all the times.
5. Communicate with Administrative Assistant on vehicle service bookings in good time.
6. Reports any accident, noise or suspected malfunctions of the vehicle to the Administrative Assistant immediately.
7. Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE).
- Clean and valid driving license required.
- At least 5 years’ driving experience in similar position with manual transmission and 4 x 4 vehicles. Those with prior NGO experience have an added advantage
- Able to read and write in English and fill in log books and other relevant documents.
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Professional Driver Permit (PDP) is desirable.
- Those with basic vehicle mechanical knowledge, defensive driving, and computer skills will have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Suitable candidates should apply through the following email address: MNakutepa@mgic.umaryland.edu
The closing date for receiving applications is 20th November 2023.
“MGIC is an Equal Opportunities Employer”
To apply for this job email your details to MNakutepa@mgic.umaryland.edu