Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) aims to recruit an experienced driver as part of the Psychosis Recovery Orientation in Malawi by Improving Services and Engagement (PROMISE) study. PROMISE is a collaboration led by the University of Edinburgh in close partnership with Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS), Kings College London, St John of God, and the Malawi Ministry of Health.
PROMISE is a 5-year Wellcome-funded study that seeks to address and improve people’s mental health in low-middle-income countries (MICs) such as Malawi. The project aims to work with people living with psychosis, local community members health care providers and healthcare leaders to build on existing health services and initiatives to develop acceptable and sustainable psychosis detections systems and management pathways to improve awareness and health outcomes of people living with psychosis. The study will be conducted in three districts in southern Malawi. This post-holder will work under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator.
The post-holder will work under the direct supervision of Dr Lucinda Manda Taylor in the Department of Health Systems, School of Global and Public Health. They will also work closely with the PROMISE team. The program driver will be responsible for driving project staff for all program-related activities, including field visits, meetings, airport pick-ups and drop-offs, and other duties as required by the program. The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the company’s vehicle at a safe speed, in a safe manner, free from the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Transport program staff, equipment, and supplies to and from project sites and other locations as needed by the program
- Ensure that the project vehicles are kept in good working condition and clean and maintained regularly.
- Manage service, maintenance, and activity logs for all vehicles.
- Ensure that all vehicle-related documents, including insurance renewals and certificates of fitness, are up to date.
- To uphold the Kamuzu University of Health Science’s Motto: Excellence for Life.
- Perform other duties as needed by the program
To successfully secure this opportunity, you must:
- A minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Have at least two years of driving experience in a reputable organisation
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Be familiar with the geographic layout of Malawi
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to travel extensively across Malawi
Remuneration and Benefits
KUHeS offers an attractive remuneration package with a competitive salary package commensurate with the position.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed CV, details of 3 contactable referees and copies of relevant certificates via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (or by post to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences,
Private Bag 360,
Chichiri, Blantyre 3.
Indicate the research project’s name as PROMISE Study on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com