Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
FPAM mission is ‘to providing quality, accessible and affordable comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights information and services for young people, women, men and underserved’, working to reduce maternal mortality and rapid population growth by ensuring that women and young people, mostly underserved and from hard-to-reach areas, have access to information and service options in family planning/sexual reproductive health (FP/SRH) and HIV/AIDS.
FPAM is a member of a consortium led by AMREF that will be implementing a USAID funded multi-year health systems strengthening and service delivery MOMENTUM project, component 2 in Chitipa, Karonga, Kasungu, Salima and Nkhotakota districts. The project goal is reducing maternal, new-born, and child mortality through improved access and quality of health service delivery.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the consortium will work to provide quality primary care for essential and integrated Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH) FP/RH, nutrition, WASH and malaria; Empower individuals, communities and local organizations to demand higher quality and more available health services, and improve their health seeking behaviour, and engaging multiple sectors to address the social determinants of health.
FPAM is therefore inviting suitably qualified applicants for the following positions:
Project Driver (1) Ref/2022/08/05)
The position holders will be based in Kasungu FPAM District office. Reporting to the Transport and Logistics Assistant, the Project Driver shall meet the below specifications:
Main Purpose of the Job
The Driver will provide driving services to the team members in order that staff and supplies are transported from one place to another as required in an efficient and effective manner. The incumbents will also be responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of the motor vehicles.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Drive technical & support staff to and from office and project sites, airport pick-ups and droppings of staff and volunteers.
- Conduct daily vehicle Maintenance including checking oil, water, tyres, battery electrolyte levels and conduct weekly vehicle maintenance e.g, checking wheel nuts, cleaning, greasing, battery terminals
- Maintain use of Vehicle Log-books at all times.
- Report to the Transport & Logistics Assistant about general vehicle condition and any routine maintenance and damage requiring workshop attention.
- Conduct delivery of mail to respective recipients, within and outside the Office, taking and delivering messages, running office errands etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of Malawi Secondary School Education (MSCE)
- Possession of a defensive driving license desirable
- Possession of a Motor Vehicle Mechanic certificate will be a big added advantage
- Minimum of three years driving experience in a busy organisation preferably in an NGO.
Method of Application
Before you apply make sure you access full details about these positions through the FPAM website: www.fpamalawi.org. or by requesting the document through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit fpamalawi.org..