Solidaridad Southern Africa
An exciting oppoturnity is available with Solidaridad Southern Africa. We are looking for a pro-active and responsible team player ambitinous and driven Project Coordinators to be based in Salima and Mchinji districts in Malawi.
KRA 1: Project implementation.
- KPI 1: Planning, designing, implementing, monitoring & evaluating of the project activities.
- KPI 2: Documenting, reporting and dissemination of outcomes and impact of the project.
- KPI 3: Technical support for the project.
- KPI 4: Mobilization, and effective utilization of specific project resources.
- KPI 5: Contributing to the implementation of the either Cotton/Tea programme in Malawi.
KRA 2: Networking and Resource Development
- KPI 1: Participating in-house networks to enhance integration of the project activities with other projects in the programme.
- KPI 2: Establishing partnerships with NGOs and government department staff to leverage resources, increase local resource mobilization and ensure long term sustainability.
- KPI 3: Documenting specific project achievements and best practices for internal and external circulation
- KPI 4: Identifying specific project challenges and opportunities.
- KPI 5: Participating in local networks, workshops, conferences and meetings.
KRA 3: Establish and implement standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency
- KPI 1: Ensuring that monitoring, evaluations and reporting on specific project is done in a proper and timely manner.
- KPI 2: Ensuring that budgets are properly spent and specific project implementation is according to the approved activities, work plans and budget.
- KPI 3: Supporting implementation and scaling up of programmes and project innovations and best practices.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Agriculture or related areas. Honours degrees is an added advantage
- At least 3 years work experience working on an agricultural or agro-related project
- Fluent in a local language and English
- Intermediate agricultural knowledge and understanding.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strategic thinking
- Striving for high performance and improvement
- Nurturing & developing others
- Clear and effective communication
- Accountability and honesty
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Facilitation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills with individuals and groups
- Good computer skills – use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Motor ike and Drivers license essential
Successful candidates will be located in the following areas
Salima and Mchinji Disctricts in Malawi
Contract will be a 2 year fixed term contract
CTC 700K Malawian Kwacha per month.
Candidates to be available immdiately.