The National Association for People Living with HIV/AIDS in Malawi (NAPHAM) is a non-
governmental organization established in 1993 that exists to promote and advocate for the
availability of and access to quality and equitable HIV, Social and economic services including
political participation for PLHIV, vulnerable populations and their communities in Malawi.
NAPHAM is a network of support groups of people living with HIV whose Head Office is in area 14 in Lilongwe and operates in all 28 districts of Malawi. To continue contributing positively to HIV national response, sustaining the gains and accelerating progress toward epidemic control, with funding from USAID through MANASO, NAPHAM is looking for a well-qualified person to fill the following position
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator will be based
at NAPHAM Head Office responsible for the effective and efficient coordination, reporting,
implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Pamodzi Project that is being implemented in Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mulanje and Zomba and resource mobilization for NAPHAM.
The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for the following:
- Develop and review technically sound project workplans and activities consistent with the goals and objectives of the Pamodzi project and other related projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate effective and efficient implementation of the project activities in line with approved project documents and budgets.
- Preparation and submission of narrative reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis in line with USAID reporting standards and requirements.
- Provide technical and project support to district offices and support groups on HIV and AIDS issues and other related issues to strengthen their capacity.
- Facilitate capacity-building interventions for beneficiaries, members of staff and key
- Identify key partners and stakeholders in the project impact areas for networking and
- Coordinate and facilitate resource mobilization including proposal writing.
- Maintain and review the NAPHAM monitoring and evaluation system as well as data
management, analysis and utilization on HIV and AIDS issues.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring visits and evaluation procedures for the project.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Community Development, Social Work or any other related relevant Social Sciences from a well-recognized university.
- Have at least three years of experience in HIV and AIDS programming and implementation.
- Be a self-starter, and hard worker, able to meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Have good organizational and facilitation skills, effective writing, and interpersonal
- Being computer literate and experienced in Excel, Statistical packages, Word, PowerPoint, database development and the Internet is a must.
- Have experience in proposal development, project management, financial management and monitoring and evaluation
- Have good networking skills.
- Be a team worker.
- Be able to design, implement and evaluate HIV and AIDS programs.
- Be able to work on multiple tasks.
Method Of Application
Interested applicants should send an application letter with copies of their academic and
professional certificates and detailed current CVs articulating clearly your qualifications, skills and experience as outlined above and indicating the names of 3 traceable referees to:
The Acting Executive Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Alternatively, hand delivery at NAPHAM Head Office, Area 14 Plot 75 in Lilongwe.
NB: Indicate the title of the post you are applying for on the envelope.
The closing date for applications is 01st November 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.