Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local, non-governmental organization providing youth friendly sexual and reproductive health rights, information, and services. FPAM compliments the government of Malawi in improving the health status of all people in Malawi. FPAM’s vision is a
Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and information.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
PROJECT COORDINATOR – ADVANCE ACCESS TO NEW HIV PREVENTION BIOMEDICAL PRODUCTS PROJECT.
Background of the project
This is a flagship project from IPPF and led by FPA India in a consortium constituted by seven Member Associations from three regions of IPPF (South Asia: India and Nepal; East & Southeast Asia and Oceania Region: Thailand and Malaysia; Africa: Lesotho, Eswatini and Malawi). The project goal is
to increase the delivery of new biomedical HIV prevention methods to vulnerable, at-risk populations and general community; and to successfully integrate PrEP and HIV prevention within contraceptive service delivery platforms of the Consortium members, in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment.
In Malawi all FPAM clinics are being targeted as initial service delivery points with anticipation of scaling up to outreach clinics once government approves.
The coordinator’s roles include overall coordination of project implementation, managing relationships with external stakeholders, supporting teams, Quality Assurance, M and E, Service Delivery and Finance. He/she will be directly responsible for the management and overall successful performance of the HIV Bio-Medical project in the Organisation.
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Project d Financial Management
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities in line with the approved project document and Scope of Work
- Coordinate with respective government Ministries and Departments to ensure that implementation follows approved government protocols.
- Ensure narrative reports and financial reports are completed in accordance with deadlines/compliance requirement.
- Support budget setting and monitoring in line with donor commitments for the HIV Bio medical project.
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure that budget monitoring tools are in place and are being used effectively to manage the project budget at cost centre and project level.
- Maintain productive relationships with the donor, project consortium members, and other stakeholders working in development and rolling out of HIV prevention technologies in Malawi.
- Represent FPAM in relevant project, donor and government forums focused on advancing HIV
prevention agenda at the district, national and regional level as maybe required.
- Responsible for leading quality and timely reporting of the project results to the senior management team.
- Utilize project, country, and donor data to analyze project progress, update strategies and improve service delivery.
Team Leadership and Development
- Provide leadership and guidance to his/her teams and ensure that every team member is being appropriately performance managed using FPAM tools.
- Role model IPPF/FPAM core values and always demonstrate IPPF/FPAM behaviors.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Degree level education in Nursing or Clinical Medicine,
- A Master’s degree from a reputable University preferably in Public Health.
- Research experience
- Experience in HIV prevention strategies
- ART training
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
Method Of Application
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Friday, 26th January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to
share this commitment. FPAM is an equal opportunity employer.