The Catholic Development Commission (CADECOM) – in the Archdiocese of Blantyre is a relief and developmental arm of the Archdiocese of Blantyre under the Episcopal Conference of Malawi. It is mandated to ensure that development and relief services within the Archdiocese of Blantyre are implemented according to the Catholic Social Teaching (CST). CADECOM, therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Malawians to fill the following vacant posts in its Land Restoration program to be implemented in Neno District
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Diocesan CADECOM Secretary
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare finance analyses of operations and other financial reports as may be requested by management from time to time.
- Set and maintain effective financial systems and processes within the office in accordance with CADECOM Blantyre’s policies and standards.
- Responsible and accountable for day to day financial operations of CADECOM Blantyre.
- Take a lead in managing the office payroll systems and Administration,
- Facilitate and monitor administration of donor financial support; income and expenditure.
- Preparation, coordination and monitoring of office budgets.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, quarterly and annual accounts in compliance with generally accepted international accounting standards.
- Assist in preparation of strategic and corporate plans, proposal development and produce annual budgets.
- Manage and guide the finance personnel and provide continuous training to ensure that the accounts team maintains skills necessary for the growth and demands of projects/programmes and institutions.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Managing annual audit processes.
- Responsible for all office service including updating contracts, rents e.t.c ensuring assets are insured, implement and maintain appropriate systems and procedures for management, logistics, security/health/safety and travel.
- Maintaining quality Information Technology facilities in the office by providing immediate solutions to minor problems and sourcing assistance for major problems.
- To ensure that financial systems and procedures are adhered to and executed professionally.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance Manager and Diocesan CADERCOM Secretary
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance,
- A member of ACCA or CIMA as an added advantage,
- Must be a practicing Christian,
- At least 5 years experience, hands on finance and accounting preferably in an NGO set up,
- Experience in monitoring and/or implementing accounting systems and internal controls, knowledge of Sage Line 50 is a plus
- Attention to detail and observe strict reporting deadlines.
- Ready to start work immediately.
Method Of Application
Closing date for receiving applications is 14th July 2022.
Cover letters plus up-to-date Curriculum Vitae should be sent electronically or hand delivered to:
Archdiocesan CADECOM Secretary
P.O. Box 5565
CADECOM Blantyre is an equal opportunity employer; qualified ladies are encouraged to apply!