Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE)
The Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a vibrant health research organization specializing in high-quality research, especially in children and pregnant women. TRUE is seeking suitably qualified, highly motivated and hardworking candidate to fill the position of Program Officer tenured at its Blantyre offices. The appointment will be on a fixed-term basis of two years, which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
The Program Officer is responsible for the general management of the organization’s administration/operations system and its related functions. In addition, the post entails the execution of logistical tasks that aid in the preparation, implementation, and closure of programs or administrative goals.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all requests for technical, contractual, administrative, financial, and logistics assistance are addressed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Partner with corporate offices as needed to address portfolio requests and ensure that TRUE project management standards and methodologies are implemented across portfolios.
- Monitoring and controlling communication system to ensure efficient and effective operations within TRUE.
- Provide support for the coordination of meetings and other events, including documenting technical discussions as needed.
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective implementation of research within TRUE
- Manage cataloguing and electronic archiving of project documents.
- Provide support for work planning and monitoring of project implementation.
- Manage inventory by following asset management processes and track assets and account for the inventory status
- In collaboration with PIs, and technical staff, and data science staff, contribute to presentations, documentation, and other project and communications materials, including developing success website stories and increasing visibility of TRUE portfolio activities and achievements.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Review and manage purchase requests and invoice payments to ensure adherence to TRUE policies, contractual requirements, and regulations.
- Provide support in developing, editing, and formatting documents, including work plans, reports, and other technical documentation.
- Provide logistics support for travel related to project activities.
- Estimate the study resources needed for all studies and ensure that all the necessary materials and resources are available for all studies and that they are in line with the budgets
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle usage and vehicle tools and equipment.
- Support the accounts team ensuring that the necessary supportive documents are prepared for replenishment of the expenses according to TRUE’s financial procedures
- Ensure that all project stock levels are monitored and procured in liaison with the procurement Unit.
- Assist the Human Resource Officer to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise research team members and influence them to take positive actions and accountability for their assigned.
- Organize travel schedules and tickets for staff for both local and international travel.
- Provide administrative support to the project if and when required.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Operations Officer, Team Leads, or Principal Investigators.
Desirable Qualifications, skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public /Business Administration/ Social Sciences / Arts /Humanities from a recognized/accredited institution, or its equivalent, with proven working experience as a program officer
- Exceptional organizational, planning, administrative and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and diversified environment
- Knowledge of the procurement processes
- Must have a clean driving licence
Remuneration and Benefits
The position will attract a remuneration package which includes a competitive salary package commensurate with the position and experience, a medical aid scheme, pension scheme, gratuity benefits redeemable at the end of contractual period.
TRUE is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace, and women applicants are encouraged to apply. All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should complete their details by filling the Google forms using the following link https://forms.gle/Do6SEXBD3GpuazHw9
The closing date of receiving applications is 20th May, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.