Her Liberty Malawi
HeR Liberty is a Women-led organisation that envisions Malawi’s future growth and development through investing in the health, education and capabilities of young people. HeR Liberty supports young people with age appropriate educational information especially Sexually Reproductive Health information, training and mentorship to ensure they reach their fullest potential. The organization has reached over 5000 young people through our peer to peer model.
Her Liberty believes in the power of young people to make informed decisions when they have been educated and trained with all the relevant information and advocacy skills especially girls and young women. Her Liberty was originally established in Namibia in the year of 2012, by three young women activists striving for a community of empowered women and girls living with respect, self-worth and dignity. HeR Liberty works with young people focusing on empowerment and peer mentorship programs. Currently HeR Liberty is registered with National Youth Council, Zomba Civil Society Organisation and the Malawi Government under the Trustees Incorporation Act.
HeR Liberty Malawi was established against the backdrop of: Young people who drop out of school due to financial challenges, child marriage and early & unintended pregnancy, lack of guidance, counselling and mentorship services for young people, lack of access to youth friendly information including comprehensive sexuality education. HeR Liberty equips and supports youth led organisations, youth groups and young individuals especially girls and young women to be change agents in their respective communities.
Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic program support to the office of Executive Director for effective program delivery. The Programs Coordinator is expected to guide evidence-based program development, aligned with best practices, and with a strong focus on innovation and continuous improvement. The Programs Manager will ensure the programs are appropriate to the programming context in response to locally expressed needs and conduct regular visits to the various program sites to provide technical support to program teams and to identify potential program adaptations and innovations in response to trends and new developments. Those with experience in
AGYW programs have an advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Program Implementation
- Work with various district councils where Her Liberty is implementing projects so as to maintain good working relationships
- Assisting with planning and coordination of programs and their activities
- Monitoring implementation of program policies, practices and support program growth and development as necessary
- Coordinating program communications, interactions/relationships between staff, donors, communities and all other program stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining program records, reports, presentations and proposals
2. Project Monitoring and Supervision
- Compiling Quality monthly, Quarterly and annual Consolidated Program reports and special projects for the review of Executive Director.
- Supporting the documentation of program successes for sharing with stakeholders
- Supporting the implementation of generic project activities and special projects through provision of technical guidance
- Supporting the office of the Executive Director in conducting program staff appraisals as well as staff assessment
3. Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
- Supporting the proposal writing and development of Income Generating Activities for sustainability of the program activities.
- Processing program requests from project officers by scrutinizing the requests if in line with work plans and budget, work to keep programs on schedule, within stated budgets and functioning smoothly
- Scheduling and participating in program meetings with donors and investors for proper guidance to projects implementation.
- Providing support to program fundraising activities
- Any other duties assigned to by the Executive Director from time to time.
Qualifications and Competencies
A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies or relevant field Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five years relevant work experience in management of national/regional development programs with focus on AGYW Programs and all related fields.
- Solid experience leading diverse teams and preferably teams.
- Demonstrated leadership showing strategic thinking in design and execution of projects, including steering work planning, managing and mentoring colleagues, and overseeing compliant and cost effective use of resources to deliver on objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current issues in development.
- Project management skills including reporting and activity plans
- Strong skills in process facilitation and stakeholder management across diverse groups, including government and development partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross-cultural teams.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract with a possibility of renewal depending on availability of funding and performance.
Method Of Application
NOTE: Interested candidates should submit their applications including cover letter and well detailed CV with at least 3 traceable referees to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close on 1st Sept 2022. 6PM
To apply for this job please visit herliberty.org..