UpEnergy (www.upenergygroup.com) brings aspirational products that save energy and improve health within reach of low-income customers. We develop distribution channels that distribute efficient and clean energy and safe water technologies. We finance our product subsidies and our growth via bespoke projects that generate carbon emissions reductions that we produce for global partners seeking emissions reductions and social impact co-benefits.
We sell products under our SmartHome brand, and through partnerships with other brands. We operate regional distribution hubs and build relationships directly with customers through the SmartHome sales operation. We’ve seen 100%+ year on year growth for years and have reached over 800,000 African households with products that deliver health and income benefits. A typical SmartHome stove saves each family we reach about 9% of their annual income while reducing air pollution.
UpEnergy has a 10-year track record of building projects that overperform expectations in the generation of emissions reductions, and that deliver on our performance promises to our customers. We are one of the largest developers by volume of projects focused on poverty alleviation through energy savings and fuel switching. Our team has a collective 50 years of climate finance experience and is at the forefront of Paris-era project finance.
The Production Assistant Role
UpEnergy seeks professionals interested in clean energy, rural distribution, international health, and development to serve as the Production Assistant for our operations in Malawi. The role requires innovative and dynamic thinking, management skills, organizational ability, and excellent quality assessment skills. The Production Assistant will report directly to the Supply Chain Lead. UpEnergy distributes clean cookstoves and other energy-saving products throughout the country. As we source products from multiple suppliers and distribute them through over a dozen points of sale, ensuring quality production from our Manufacturers is essential to our business operations. The primary responsibility of the Production Assistant is ensuring quality control standards are met throughout the production value chain.
- Updating the Supply Chain Lead on the status of projects.
- Overseeing quality control throughout the production process.
- Ensuring that production is completed before deadlines.
- Monitoring the efficiency of production equipment.
- In certain cases, identify production issues, analyze root causes and derive resolutions.
- Perform inventory management and report stock status to Supply Chain Lead.
- Ensure that the manufactured product meets company and customer specifications.
- Communicate daily production updates and challenges to Supply Chain Lead.
- Communicate complex issues to the Manufacturer for immediate resolution.
- Inspecting parts for defects and performing basic quality control procedures to ensure that products meet company standards
Does this sound like you?
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns.
- Basic knowledge of computer-based administration, record-keeping, and procurement systems.
- Ability to work independently without intimidation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills toward managing human resources and liaising with other departments.
- Ability to go over and beyond to work with manufacturers to meet deadlines, sometimes requiring extended work hours. In the process, being able to identify pain points causing the extended working hours with potential options to solve.
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong Business acumen, start-up experience preferred.
- A multi-tasker that is creative, ambitious and able to take initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and judgement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required level, in business, sales, marketing, or another commercial field
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Chichewa
Why Join Us?
Not your average 9-to-5
UpEnergy encourages teamwork, creativity, and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. We stay close to our market, understand our customers, and have a lot of fun while doing our work! If you’re looking for a conventional 9-to-5, you’d be missing out on our adventures!
Opportunity to do things in a new way
As one of the largest compliance credit issuers in Africa, we need to be constantly improving and rethinking our way of work. This means endless opportunities for a self-starter to initiate new ways of doing things or experimenting ways to help us improve.
Personal and Career Growth
Wouldn’t it be a pity to spend so much time working but not growing and learning? At UpEnergy we value both personal and professional growth, and we want to grow as a team. From classroom training to coffee chats to performance review, we want to support every team member to grow into the best version they can.
Create Lasting Impact
Our clean energy products bring positive impact to both our planet earth and for the low-income communities we work in. We don’t just focus on sales – we follow up and truly understand our customers to make sure that they continue to benefit from our products. Your work will create much longer-lasting impact than what you can see!