Stephanos Foundation is an international, charitable, non-governmental organization with a
Reformed Christian background, operating from Chilangoma, in Blantyre. Takes care of orphans and vulnerable children. The initiative for the Foundation started in The Netherlands and was established in Malawi in 1994, to see orphan and vulnerable children and their guardians become self-reliant and spiritually mature, thereby contributing to the spiritual and social-economic development of their communities. Therefore, The Foundation wishes to recruit for its various departments as follows.
The Position: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Manager
The Procurement Officer is responsible for overall procurement of goods, works and services in the organisation. The responsibilities include sourcing quotations, purchasing goods and services, writing procurement plans, and monitoring of procurements made.The Procurement Officer is expected to be committed to the humanitarian goals and identity of the organization, and will be required to contribute to humanitarian response activities in the event of an emergency
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying suppliers
- Writing bid documents
- Negotiating with suppliers on prices
- Advertising tenders
- Analyse and assess financial capacity of the organisation to align with goods required to be purchased
- Preforming due diligence of items through verification.
- Ensuring that the office is purchasing goods at fair price.
- Creating strategic business with potential suppliers in a long term
- Advising management on the need to comply to PPDA when undertaking procurement matters
- Diploma (Procurement/Purchasing/Logistics)
- Three (3) experience in procurement with a reputable organisation Attributes
- Strong negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and good record keeping skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- The candidate must have knowledge of Reformed Christian belief
Method of Application
All applications comprising one-paged motivation letter, not more than two-paged CV, and copies of certificates as one PDF should be sent to HRA Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 15 November 2023 by close of business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com