Lilongwe Academy International School
The Lilongwe Academy International School (TLAIS) is an international private school situated in Area 47/4 Lilongwe behind Silver Stadium. The School is founded on the firm belief that every child is unique but all children need excellent education and motivation of their spirit, mind and body are to be well developed as future responsible citizens and leaders. Hence the motto is “Academic Excellence and Beyond!” Its mission is to achieve distinction and excellence in academic performance, sports, conduct and be exemplary in preserving our culture and perfect life skills.
The Lilongwe Academy now invites applications from Candidates who meet the qualifications and experience for the position of a Procurement Officer.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Effectively and efficiently sources goods and services both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures.
- Establishes quality & quantity specifications of the goods and services that are being utilized by company.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of purchase with various suppliers in liaison with the procurement committee.
- Manages supplier/ customers relations; Monitoring market trends; Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications, company requirements and from approved suppliers.
- Liaises with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as MRA, MBS and COSOMA for timely and effective delivery of materials.
- Implements procurement policies and ensures procurement processes are carried out per laid down procedures.
- Maximizes savings and benefits from procurement activities.
- Evaluates new suppliers of materials and maintains a list of approved suppliers
- Ensures proper inventory records are maintained in the system.
- Provides leadership in the entire procurement and store function.
- Interfaces with departmental managers and heads to plan and prioritize purchasing activities, reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process, tracks orders, confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts.
- Reports nonconformities.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management or any other related field.
- Professional membership with Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS) is a Must.
Procurement and supply chain work experience and training. Those with knowledge in Great Plains and SAP, and experience in accounting will have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application letter with a detailed CV and proof of qualifications, with at least three traceable references through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to The Managing Director, The Lilongwe Academy International School, P/Bag B499, Lilongwe 3, not later than 23 September 2022.
For more information about the school please visit our Website: www.lilongweacademy.ac.mw
To apply for this job please visit www.lilongweacademy.ac.mw.