Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM)
The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical association of Church-owned facilities in Malawi and the Secretariat is the central coordination unit of the Association. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi with 192 Health Facilities and 11 Training Colleges which are located in but one districts in the country. Over 75% of CHAM health facilities are situated in the remote and hard-to-reach areas, with a special focus of providing care to the poor and the underserved. CHAM envisions a Malawi where all people are able to access high-quality, affordable health services. As an organization, CHAM strives to be a leader in the provision of holistic, quality, inclusive and sustainable health services for all people in Malawi, as inspired by the healing Ministry of Jesus Christ.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the procurement of supplies and equipment, coordinating procurement initiatives and projects, developing and executing of internal procurement systems, providing procurement advice and training, negotiating contracts and ensuring supply chain management as related to CHAM Secretariat and the facilities.
1. Developing, implementing, executing and monitoring procurement guidelines, procedures and policies (internal procurement systems), and ensuring that compliance is achieved across CHAM and the facilities.
2. Planning and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual procurement reports.
3. Facilitating evaluation of tenders, proposals and quotations and preparation of evaluation reports.
4. Preparing pre-qualifications, bid invitations, contracts, bidding documents, request for proposals, and request and quotation documents along with invitations and notice.
5. Ensuring accurate recording of all proceedings of IPC and project internal procurement meetings and timely production of minutes.
6. Conducting post-qualification and negotiations with successful bidders.
7. Preparing, presenting and making recommendations for contract awards to the Internal Procurement Committee (IPC).
8. Managing and handling overseas consignments with Malawi Revenue Authority and clearing agents and process the clearances of the consignment.
9. Defining and managing key suppliers’ relationships to enhance deliverables in terms of costs, services and quality tenders
Qualifications and experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized University.
2. Minimum three years’ working experience in a similar position.
3. Registered member of the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS).
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
1. Comprehensive knowledge of NGO sector administrative processes
2. Knowledge of Procurement Information Systems and Procedures
3. Ability to develop, implement and execute procurement systems and to train staff
4. Excellent negotiation, organisational and time management skills
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills
6. Self-starter, team player and able to deliver results on time
Method of Application
Interested eligible candidates should download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website at www.cham.org.mw. A completed Employment Application Form, Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of academic certificates and a cover letter (addressed to Executive Director, CHAM Secretariat, P.O Box 30378, Lilongwe 3) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 20th November 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
CHAM uses very competitive recruitment and selection processes, therefore, the organisation does not accept bribes or gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate.