ARISE is a pan-African infrastructure and logistics solutions company developing ecosystems designed to make Africa thrive. We identify opportunities in commercial and industrial value chains across Africa, and conceive, finance, build and operate the necessary infrastructure to allow businesses to develop and fulfil their potential. We do this alongside local partners and host governments to ensure that our operations have the greatest impact on the ground. ARISE today comprises of three separate companies, namely ARISE Ports & Logistics (P&L), ARISE Integrated Industrial Platforms (IIP), and ARISE Infrastructure Services (IS).
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of various commodity products. Procurement Manager responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. The Procurement Manager’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
Job Location – MALAWI (AFRICA)
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Requirements and skills:
- Proven min. 15yrs of working experience in Commodity Procurement Manager.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Background in Commodity procurement.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.